• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most beautiful toned coin your hands have held?

68 posts in this topic

This is one I bought from Ankur awhile back. The picture is nice, but the coin was incredible

46f90e2a63521444f75b9c67644173a6_zps6a08dd07.jpg

This came from the same mint set as coinmans (Kenny) franklin in this thread that was a nice submission that I'll never forget

It hurt to sell it, but someone pulled a Godfather on me and made an offer I couldn't refuse!!!

This is one I bought from Ankur awhile back. The picture is nice, but the coin was incredible

46f90e2a63521444f75b9c67644173a6_zps6a08dd07.jpg

This came from the same mint set as coinmans (Kenny) franklin in this thread that was a nice submission that I'll never forget

It hurt to sell it, but someone pulled a Godfather on me and made an offer I couldn't refuse!!!

Speaking of god father Herr is the god father from that particular mint set

DSC04985.jpg

I bought this from the MSNS show from a pawn broker that sets up every year. He is Russian and so is his beautiful wife lol every time I step to his table he asked me to show him the cabbage lol very funny and nice guy

The most beautiful toned coin I have ever held belongs to my friend

and fellow Barber collector, Dale Friend. His 1892-O Micro O Half in

PCGS 68 is also among the highest graded of all Barber Halves.

I'll try and add an image once I am off the IPad !

1892-OMicroOHalfDaleFriend-PCGSM-1.jpg

1892-OMicroOHalfDaleFriend-PCGSMS68.jpg

This is now the nicest quarter I've had in hand. Even better then the last Neon quarter I had - a ton of color for the money I put out on it.

2014_05_15_0517.jpg

That is definitely a stunning quarter. Beautiful toning.