• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I visited Legends office today

48 posts in this topic

To look over the lots from the upcoming auction. Very ,very good thing I did.

It so proves the fact you should view your coins before you bid. Five hour drive, in the

driving rain, but my pocket book will be much happier for the time well spent

For a 5 hour drive, in the rain, there certainly must be a few items you are REALLY interested in. As wheat'swheats asks....where are the problems you encountered?

Was there dusty "dreck" swept into the corners of floor? Did you have to approach Queen Laura and King Bruce on bended knee and address them each as "Your Most Exalted Excellency?"

For a 5 hour drive, in the rain, there certainly must be a few items you are REALLY interested in. As wheat'swheats asks....where are the problems you encountered?

Pictures just do not tell you enough about a coin. Does it have life, are the colors muted or vibrant to name a few things.

Was there dusty "dreck" swept into the corners of floor? Did you have to approach Queen Laura and King Bruce on bended knee and address them each as "Your Most Exalted Excellency?"

Is this statement really necessary? For all of your expertise RWB, I am surprised at some of the things you say.

Is this statement really necessary? For all of your expertise RWB, I am surprised at some of the things you say.

I wonder how RWB would feel if someone made public nasty personal comments about him.

EVP

Ankur, I'm not up to date on any issues with Legend Numismatics. Based on other posts, is Legend having financial/legal issues?

Carl

I wonder how RWB would feel if someone made public nasty personal comments about him.

EVP

Bruce has made publicly rude and nasty comments about RWB on these boards. You guys clearly don't get Roger's humor.

EVP

What in the world is going on? Totally out of the loop if there is a loop. Any explanation about nasty personal comments-Queen Laura, King Bruce. What is going on?

Carl

EVP

Bruce has made publicly rude and nasty comments about RWB on these boards. You guys clearly don't get Roger's humor.

Are we children? Two wrongs make a right? Who's going to be the first to behave? In this instance, RWB's comment was unprovoked.

Also, shouldn't humor be funny?

EVP

Ankur, I'm not up to date on any issues with Legend Numismatics. Based on other posts, is Legend having financial/legal issues?

Carl

Carl,

There is no way that Ankur will have non-public knowledge about Legend business issues. (No knock against Ankur intended, and certainly also not saying that there's a non-public matter of interest to the gossip-mongers that I'm aware of.)

EVP

Again, fill us in on what you perceived as a problem. Your original post would lead one to believe that there serious mistakes or actual deficiencies in the display of the lots being sold. I have gone through the catalog and have not seen it, I know photos can be deceptive but these are not that bad. Where are the problems? Your responses to everyone's queries don't answer the questions.

Again, fill us in on what you perceived as a problem. Your original post would lead one to believe that there serious mistakes or actual deficiencies in the display of the lots being sold. I have gone through the catalog and have not seen it, I know photos can be deceptive but these are not that bad. Where are the problems? Your responses to everyone's queries don't answer the questions.

He reminded us that even good photos don't always show us what we want/need to know about a coin with respect to important considerations such as color and luster. And although it might not apply here, often they don't show hairlines or other flaws adequately. It's nothing new, but still serves as an important reminder.

What Mark said. I never said there were serious problems, flaws. I said I was glad to have viewed the coins in hand. As a toning man there is nothing that beats viewing a toned coin in hand to see if it speaks to you. I thought from viewing the online catalog there were quite a few coins that may have been calling my name. After the in hand viewing, I realized, quite a few of these coins were calling out to someone else other than me.

I hope this clears up how I feel about the coins. I tried to explain in such a way that how most of us would view coins in my mind. I could be much more technical, but why bother.

He reminded us that even good photos don't always show us what we want/need to know about a coin with respect to important considerations such as color and luster. And although it might not apply here, often they don't show hairlines or other flaws adequately. It's nothing new, but still serves as an important reminder.

Really, that's all. And he's that interested in the coins, so he drives out and takes a look for himself, because it's his cash.

If he was singling-out Legend for false advertising, juiced-up pictures, etc., etc. you know where that goes, I certainly didn't pick it up.

Sorry folks. My comments were intended to be sarcastically humorous....nothing more. Clearly, that did not come through to some.

The OP clearly put in the time to view the lots in person and benefited from doing so. A good lesson for all.

What Mark said. I never said there were serious problems, flaws. I said I was glad to have viewed the coins in hand. As a toning man there is nothing that beats viewing a toned coin in hand to see if it speaks to you. I thought from viewing the online catalog there were quite a few coins that may have been calling my name. After the in hand viewing, I realized, quite a few of these coins were calling out to someone else other than me.

I hope this clears up how I feel about the coins. I tried to explain in such a way that how most of us would view coins in my mind. I could be much more technical, but why bother.

Thank you that answers my question. You were not saying that there were major problems, but just coins that just were not what you personally wanted.

EVP

Are we children? Two wrongs make a right? Who's going to be the first to behave? In this instance, RWB's comment was unprovoked.

EVP

Hypocrite.

EVP

EVP

Hypocrite.

So what else is new around here?

EVP

Bruce has made nasty comments about more people here and ATS than just Roger. Since I have been one of his targets, I'm used to it.

It's a shame this thread has deteriorated into personal attacks. The OPs point is valid. It it imperative that you view auction lots yourself or have a trusted dealer / friend view them for you. Bidding on pictures is not the way to assemble a first class collection.

Are you kidding me? Bruce isn't in that building. That building is where the people that actually know something about numismatics exist.

On a side note.....

I'm glad you got to view them Jack! I saw them I instantly thought of you! I hope when you win you post better pics here and not just ATS!!! Good luck!

On a side note.....

I'm glad you got to view them Jack! I saw them I instantly thought of you! I hope when you win you post better pics here and not just ATS!!! Good luck!

You are missing the point of the thread by a long mile.

On a side note.....

WTF are you talking about

On a side note.....

I think he was correcting dimefreak, that you aren't interested in that many/all of the coins. It seems that dimefreak thought you liked the coins, for your collection.

On a side note.....

I'm talking about you.