• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts and opinions 32-D?

11 posts in this topic

I know I didn't really answer any of your questions but these key dates usually throw me off to grading. I don't see why it wouldn't grade though.

Luster is very good, full cartwheel.

There are numerous die polish lines on obverse and reverse. I am including a closeup of the lines, that to me are raised and not the result of whizzed, etc..

Obverse:

Die_Polish_Lines.jpg

Reverse:

1932_D_Washington_Quarter_MM_Stacked_Cropped_a1.jpg

Now I am sure there are some that recognize this coin in a previous post a few days back. It was wearing a different suit in that first appearance. However, NGC graded it at one time and called it UNC with Questionable Color (obverse only toning).

I was willing to crack it out of the ICG AU-58 slab and see just what was under that obverse toning since Mark Feld had raised some curiosity on my part and I was unable to see what warranted ICG to call it an AU-58.

I, unfortunately, caused the two small dings on the neck in the crack out process. Even with that consideration I felt it was accurately considered UNC by NGC, but I think they may have err'd on the side of caution by questioning the one sided toning.

I really don't see anything that was trying to be hidden with obverse only toning, especially after viewing many other 62, 63 graded problem free coins which exhibit characteristics of this coin.

I am satisfied with the purchase, even if it were to remain as a raw coin in my collection.

Unless I get a wild hair I will more than likely just let this sleeping dog lie.

I got the impression from the comments that calling this coin an UNC coin (based only on these pictures of course) is not a stretch. I think it is every bit UNC.

Thanks for all the opinions.

I like it. It looks 64 to me. The obverse looks GOOD and the reverse is very nice. I honestly can't see a reason that it wouldn't grade. It looks fairly lustrous, too----I bet it looks even better in hand.

Why don't you get it graded by NGC or PCGS if you have not done already? It makes no sense to sell a key date coin like this raw.

I like it. It looks 64 to me. The obverse looks GOOD and the reverse is very nice. I honestly can't see a reason that it wouldn't grade. It looks fairly lustrous, too----I bet it looks even better in hand.

Thanks and yes it is a nice looking and lustrous coin.

Why don't you get it graded by NGC or PCGS if you have not done already? It makes no sense to sell a key date coin like this raw.

It is actually sold already but not paid for as of yet. This evening will be the 48 hrs with a no pay. I contacted the buyer and they asked if I could send two invoices (split the invoices up) and I did, but still no payment.

I guess it doesn't affect their 100% ratings if they don't pay. Another bidder has yet to pay for another gold dollar they won. (shrug)

As far as me, and grading, I think I will pass. I am trying to refrain from spending anymore money on coins and I am especially not interested in giving the TPG's any more of my money.