• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Award Winning Jeffs

22 posts in this topic

I've always liked these coins? since the first time I seen them. I'm pretty sure that these were the original design that Felix Schlag submitted for the design of the new Jefferson Nickel in 1938. He won a bountiful reward of $1000 which was pretty good money back then. Of course, the mint made a few little changes to the reverse which gives us the present design of today. I was offered these from a member ats after I had made a comment about them in a thread over there. I just had to have them. These were slabbed by SEGS and I'm pretty sure that there were only 1,938 sets minted by the Gallery Mint. So beings the 1938 nickel would only make sense of that number.

FSNCProof_zps0e163a6a.jpg

FSNCMatte_zpsf9300ee8.jpg

Very nice Bobby...I bought a set about a year ago on Ebay. They do show Felix Schlag's original reverse

Original Order Form Plus Other Info. Remember: ordering has been over for this since 2002.

Just wanted to make sure everyone understood that these can not be ordered anymore. ;)

Doug

Interesting.

What does it say on the shoulder area? Looks like silver content and date?

Cool coins - (thumbs u

Actually it's FSNC-2002 for the year of issue.

Interesting.

What does it say on the shoulder area? Looks like silver content and date?

Cool coins - (thumbs u

Actually it's FSNC-2002 for the year of issue.

Very cool!

Now I have to start a new search, lol

Full Step Nickel Club - 2002

I didn't even know that these existed, Thanks for sharing!

Very nice - I think I like the matte better.

I am still looking for a decent priced 1938 proof on certificate signed by Schlag

Felix-Schlag-Framed-Jefferson-Nickel.jpg

I am still looking for a decent priced 1938 proof on certificate signed by Schlag

That is really cool too! That may be harder to find with only 150. Well, back to searching again! lol Actually I see one on ebay asking $1,399. Oh well, I'm happy with what I have. lol

Very nice Bobby...I bought a set about a year ago on Ebay. They do show Felix Schlag's original reverse

Original Order Form Plus Other Info. Remember: ordering has been over for this since 2002.

Just wanted to make sure everyone understood that these can not be ordered anymore. ;)

Doug

Well, I ordered mine from FSNC in April 2004 off of information found on Variety Nickels.com. I originally saw these in posts ATS in February of 2004 and did a little work to order a set.

Nickel Thread

IMO, these are MUST Have Coins.

That is really cool too! That may be harder to find with only 150. Well, back to searching again! lol Actually I see one on ebay asking $1,399. Oh well, I'm happy with what I have. lol

From a Numismatic Historical perspective, these would be great to have in a collection.

Doug

Well, I ordered mine from FSNC in April 2004 off of information found on Variety Nickels.com. I originally saw these in posts ATS in February of 2004 and did a little work to order a set.

Nickel Thread

IMO, these are MUST Have Coins.

I agree, they are very cool, and any serious Jefferson collector should own a set, at least for a little while.

I also own a set of these graded by SEGS. Mine are pair #927 (very close to Bobby's numbered set).

For those who want to see a bit more detail, here are some larger images of the design (from my matte coin). The proof design is the same...

2002_Jefferson_Nickel_FSNC-02_Silver_SEGS_MATTE_obv_zps362d7e35.jpg

2002_Jefferson_Nickel_FSNC-02_Silver_SEGS_MATTE_rev_zps8bf0416c.jpg

Nice pics Brandon and Paul! I think these are a fun set to have if you're in to Jeffersons.

The craftsmanship of the engraving is superb. These were engraved by Ron Landis, and I'm a huge fan of his talent. (thumbs u

Here's a link to a thread I posted when I got my set about a year ago.

Nice pics Brandon and Paul! I think these are a fun set to have if you're in to Jeffersons.

The craftsmanship of the engraving is superb. These were engraved by Ron Landis, and I'm a huge fan of his talent. (thumbs u

Here's a link to a thread I posted when I got my set about a year ago.

Great post link Brandon. I didn't think about it til I read the post but just think if this design had gone thru. No one would even be thinking of a Full Step designation today. lol