• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1982 Kennedy's- New Pics Added!!

35 posts in this topic

Interesting that the Philly mint coin shows more tarnish on the obverse than the Denver minted coin. I think you will like the toning on the reverse. Looks like the colors will have that nice rainbow progression. Nice find!

Bobby,

Is the Philly a "No FG"? I can't tell from the photo.

Chris

I don't have them in-hand yet chris. Hopefully will get them by the wknd.

They look very nice indeed -

but are you going to sacrifice that nice display page and the

$1 Grenedines stamp and $50 Guyana stamp copy of US stamp?

They look very nice indeed -

but are you going to sacrifice that nice display page and the

$1 Grenedines stamp and $50 Guyana stamp copy of US stamp?

I'm not a stamp collector. lol

I hope that the coins were Uncirculated when they went in the holder. Some telemarketers use Uncirculated coins, some do not.

No telling, those cards depict just about everything Kennedy accomplished during his political years, from speeches to operations. Hopefully they came from bags or bank rolls and not picked from general circulation.

So I've been working out of town this week. Got the kennedys in and the wife tried to take pics with her ph and send them to me. Pics weren't great, bless her heart. She says they have some nice blue and green colors. Can't wait to get home to check them out and take pics. :wishluck:

Nice ones. These clads can tone outrageously. When my little guy and his buddies were hooked on searching halves we set a lot of the nicer toned ones aside.

Here are a couple of 1982-Ps I've owned for years. Both toned in my own Dansco holder...

50c-82p_A_zps84b99bde.jpg

50c-82p_zps66e74dd2.jpg

The toning seems a bit different with yours...maybe some paper flips?

jom

Here are a couple of 1982-Ps I've owned for years. Both toned in my own Dansco holder...

The toning seems a bit different with yours...maybe some paper flips?

jom

These were in a soft plastic like flip. Kind of like the way the mint has the new uncirculated mint sets in. The card had a small slot where they slid in. I could barely open the slot hoping to just slide them out, but the back was stuck to the card. This let air get to the reverses but the obverses were in the top part of the flip that didn't allow much air. Btw, those look nice!!

The master dies were badly worn and should have been replaced several years earlier.

So would they be considered uncir Roger? I can't tell if they are worn or weak.

Bobby, I do not detect any significant wear on those two Kennedys, so I would assume they came from the Federal Reserve Banking system and distributed for circulation as-is.

The 82's & 83's were notorious for weak strikes, especially in the center of the coin devices with mushy details lacking definition. Notice how the shield lines trail off on the reverse eagle, and also Jack's ear on the Denver coin? These low spots in the die did not capture much detail, but you have to remember, these coins were minted to be circulated and not collected, so if it resembled a 50 cent piece, well that was well enough for the Mints.

Bobby, I do not detect any significant wear on those two Kennedys, so I would assume they came from the Federal Reserve Banking system and distributed for circulation as-is.

The 82's & 83's were notorious for weak strikes, especially in the center of the coin devices with mushy details lacking definition. Notice how the shield lines trail off on the reverse eagle, and also Jack's ear on the Denver coin? These low spots in the die did not capture much detail, but you have to remember, these coins were minted to be circulated and not collected, so if it resembled a 50 cent piece, well that was well enough for the Mints.

Thanks Woody!

Nice looking Kennedys, Bobby! :applause: You got some good ones. The toning looks quite attractive.

Thanks Sy! They don't look half bad in my dansco. lol

If there is no wear, then they are uncirculated - unattractive, too. If there were no marks of any kind, they would be unattractive MS-70 coins.