• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roosie Guys rule FUN

24 posts in this topic

Today, Lablover officially owned and ruled the Rosie market at FUN. Jim was a major buyer and he came home with some outstanding coins, several of which should upgrade. Angel Dee also displayed some high power Rosie's, with numerous low pop coins. The 53S is truly outstanding.

Some toned dollars at the show, but very few monster Morgans. Andy Kimmel was at Larry Shepard's SIMCO table showing off two, including his "Comet" wonder coin. If you've seen pictures of this coin, it looks better in hand. That is a nice coin and I'm a jaded reviewer!!

FUN was heavy with traffic in the aisles and it appeared trading was brisk. It also appeared that more dealers were present than in previous years, might be the configuration of the new room.

Above all, everyone noted and lamented Nick not being able to attend. Dinner simply wasn't the same without him. We all look forward to bigger and better Rosie buys and finds next year in Tampa...a little golf at the PGA course will also be in order.

News Flash: I could not get Lablover to sell me his 61 proof Roosie monster coin; however, I plotted and planned and eventually I was able to "trade" him a MONSTER MS 67 star 47 P Rosie for it. This was a win/win deal for both of us. My proof Rosie 1950-64 set gets a serious upgrade and Jim gets a superb 47 color coin for his set (I made the trade even though I think the coin may eventually upgrade). This is what is so great about FUN: you meet your friends, enjoy the high life, and get an opportunity to acquire coins that only change hands in person. If you really want to build a greatest of all time set, you need help. You need good friends advising you, encouraging you, and keeping their eyes open for you. You also need to pay what is needed to pry loose a great coin, and be willing to part with great coins, since sometimes that's the only way you can get the other great coins you need. My public thanks to Jim and my compliments to him on dedication to the search for greatness and his ability to find eye appealing roosies!

If you come to FUN next year, I'll show off my Rosie rainbow proof set, or maybe my rainbow Washington proof set, now I'm just bragging!

:banana:

-------------------------

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."

rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Oh, I forgot something important. Shane (Kryptonitecomics) attended buying everything he could. But what was most amazing was his brother attended with him. They are nearly identical except Shane is about a foot shorter. (shrug)

But both are GREAT people, very nice family. (thumbs u

Dimefreak,

If it is me posting assume I mean the color. :)

Angel Dee appears to have several top notch roosies possibly on consignment. All are very high graded. The 53S struck my eye as being the most attractive.

If you can, catch a show where they are setting up. With color, it's all personal taste. Also, PM Onlyroosies, he possibly has photos or can get them. I think Nick has images of most of the best Rosie's in existence.

Rainbowroosie

As for links, my set is number one in the registry under 1946-1964, I'll confess several photos of recently upgraded coins are not there. As for proofs, check at the end of the Rosie proof dime section 1950-1964, I recently lost a bunch of points because all my coins are in other than ngc holders. I'm going to work with Shane to image the quarter proof set; ironically, this is probably my best toned set (May change my name to Rainbowwashie --- no, that won't happen).

I'm glad you all had fun at FUN!

And god forbid anyone pay a premium for those toned coins because it was all based on "emotion".

jom

PS: Sorry...that was a joke...I'm being a smart a** in reaction to another thread. heh

Copied from ATS Thread:

Today, Lablover officially owned and ruled the Rosie market at FUN

Well, I'm not sure it's totaly accurate about that, but I did acquire 17 Roosies, and traded for another three, for a total of twenty. Oh, and I bought a stunning 1917 PCGS MS65RB Lincoln for my Type Set. We'll have to wait for a TrueView of that one since I can't image copper very well. Working on the Roosie images at this writing and will post a bit later.

It was great to see some of the Roosie guy's...that would be Bill only this time around. I always admired his 47P MS67* Roosevelt and was thrilled to get it in trade. And yes, I think I got the better end of the deal. Thanks Billy!!!!!!

If you didn't know Bill's Rainbowroosie Set is #1, and it took Best Modern Set too. You da man Bill.

Got to meet several Forum Members for the first time and saw a few old friends too. If I forget someone please forgive me: Rainbowroosie, Coppercolor, Kryptonitecomics, AuroraBorealis, LANCE, Catbert, MrD, blue62vette, seqoja and TONEDDOLLARS.

I was surprised at the current Bid/Ask on Double Mint Sets. Actually, it was shock!!! I've not bought one in over a year, so I was stunned to see the price at three times what I remember. At the current levels you've got to hit on one or two big coins in order to justify the existing prices. And, if the set has nice color expect to pay Ask x 2. If it's monster color you are paying Ask x 3.

All-in-all, a great short trip (35 miles) to the show

Oh, I almost forgot to mention Coppercolor's Lincoln Set. Jeff has/is building one of the top-flight sets ever!!! The coins he brought were stunning to see in-hand...my-oh-my at the color. If you ever have a chance to see the set don't miss the opportunity. Congrats Jeff on your work of art. And, thank your father (Jack) again for the great dinner at Vito's, and the wine.

Jim, great to see you. I think it was quite a few years since we bumped into one another at this show. I know I showed you mine, ut I never got to see yours. Does not seem fair. I'm sure they are killers, I could have added one of those to my little box I was carrying.

Jack,

Likewise brother...great to see you too. I think it's been 8-10 years since I last saw you and I don't believe either of us have aged. :)

Here are a few of the Roosies. Images by Todd @ BlueCCPhotos...

1949-S

1949-S-PCGS-MS66-Obv.jpg1949-S-PCGS-MS66-Rev.jpg

1950-PCGS-MS66-Obv.jpg1950-PCGS-MS66-Rev.jpg

1950-D (not everyday you see a Emerald Green & Purple Roosie)

1950-D-PCGS-MS66-Obv.jpg1950-D-PCGS-MS66-Rev.jpg

1954-PCGS-MS67-Obv.jpg1954-PCGS-MS67-Rev.jpg

1955-S #1

1955-S-PCGS-MS66-Obv-263029.jpg1955-S-PCGS-MS66-Rev-26302947.jpg

1955-S #2

1955-S-PCGS-MS66-Obv-26625123.jpg1955-S-PCGS-MS67-Rev-26625123.jpg

1955-S #3

1955-S-PCGS-MS67-Obv-26625129.jpg1955-S-PCGS-MS67-Rev-26625129.jpg

1957-PCGS-MS66-Obv.jpg1957-PCGS-MS66-Rev.jpg

1963-D

1963-D-PCGS-MS66-Obv.jpg1963-D-PCGS-MS66-Rev.jpg

Is that all you got

Actually no, I believe there are seven/eight more to image myself. Those will get posted later when I have time to fiddle with the Nikon.

What's the grades on the 55's

PCGS MS66 & MS67...several have upgrade potential. Well, at least in my opinion, and I've been wrong before.