• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Took A Chance - eBay - 1928-S

Coin Condition?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Coin Condition?

14 posts in this topic

It looks like only one side of the coin is pictured. There is no way I would venture a grade based on 1) one side of the coin and 2) from those horrendous photographs. I think was risky; the coin could be completely deformed on the other side.

It could be cleaned or just have uneven toning. I would not of taken a chance on this since the seller is only posting one side. As seller I would not think that I would get many bids on coin with only one side showing. It's not a common occurrence, but I've seen coins that had a decent obverse paired with a horrid reverse.

I'm surprised you'd even bother as you usually have some nice coins. The coin is hideous, IMO. I wouldn't care what "condition" it is in. (shrug)

jom

i don't think it was a bad gamble - even if the coin is AU and cleaned, you could get most of your money back (if you keep it).

where's the "risk" you guys are referring to, when he can simply pay $1.68 to ship it back for a refund?

Seller seems to take marginal pictures of most things he/she sells. Leaving a lot of money on the table.

This coin "has to be" cleaned. It has no "pop" at all. I think it's BU however.