• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1929-S Buffalo nickel with some nice eye appeal....

15 posts in this topic

I think this one is pretty enough to show. You can actually see the direction of the metal flow on the surfaces of the coin. Housed in an older NGC slab what do ya think the grade is? Thanks for looking.....Joe.... Please note ..that's a die crack across the Indian's face, not a scratch.

18813centnickelproofamp1929-SBuffaloNickel022_zps8fb25713.jpg18813centnickelproofamp1929-SBuffaloNickel024_zps80f0db1f.jpg

"Pretty enough to show" ???lol...

She's beautiful. You have a high standards. I would like to see some of your coins that you dont think are pretty enough to show !

Grade - I cant grade Buffs but I will say 65/66...

Pretty late die state, huh Joe? I'm sure it's a beauty in hand if it's anything like the others you've shown me.

Not my series either but I'll guess 66.

Lance.

I like this coin very much.

I do not grade them well, but I have bought a few over the last two years. Mostly toned coins I love the design.

Reminds me of a late die state coin I posted recently except this is much nicer.

And the grade is????

I'm sorry, I almost forgot about this post of mine. This has got to be one of the most beautiful MS-63 Buffs I've ever seen for the date of 1929-s. I believe the reverse strike being a tad weak held the grade to 63. Even so, I seen 64 & 65 graded buffs, same date, nowhere near the quality and eye appeal of this one. Thanks for taking the time with this Buff as I too fine it VERY nice for the grade. I hope all had a good Christmas with friends and family. Happy new year to all....Joe

1929-SBuffinslab002_zps4b17d1a8.jpg

I would say at least an MS65. There are less marks on this coin, then most Buffalos graded MS65. In my opinion, this coin should grade MS66. Im just afraid that the TPG would say MS65 instead of MS66, because of the roughness in the recess areas, even though it was caused by the mint. I honestly dont think that should matter. So, my definite opinion would be an MS65+ or MS66.

I find that grade ridiculous....hehehehe

I do too. I think if resubmitted it would do better. Thanks to all for the guesses. I love this Buff and I don't really care to much what the grade is in this case. And by the way.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!