• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAC question

16 posts in this topic

I believe that of the coins that CAC evaluates----none have ever graded that high. I.E They don't do moderns and bullion such as ASEs etc. Also, if they have, NONE have been awarded a sticker. I have not seen a CAC coin graded higher than MS 68

I wonder if any of the MS69 Morgans (the only coins I know of to grade that high...non-Modern of course) have been to CAC. hm

jom

I wonder if any of the MS69 Morgans (the only coins I know of to grade that high...non-Modern of course) have been to CAC. hm

jom

There have been two MS-69 Morgans stickered but I'm not sure how many have been submitted, that would make an interesting research project though!

The only "modern" coin they accept according to the letter in my membership package is mint state only Eisenhower dollars. The next most modern coin series they accept would be the franklin series followed by mint sets up to 1958.

The only "modern" coin they accept according to the letter in my membership package is mint state only Eisenhower dollars. The next most modern coin series they accept would be the franklin series followed by mint sets up to 1958.

They also accept 1955, 1969-S, 1970-S, 1972, 1983 and 1995 Lincoln DDO's and 1984 Double ear.

They also accept 1955, 1969-S, 1970-S, 1972, 1983 and 1995 Lincoln DDO's and 1984 Double ear.

This. There are PF 70 Ikes out there, but they are very limited. I suppose CAC would consider those, but to my knowledge, CAC has never gone on record as saying that they wouldn't so I can't imagine that they wouldn't consider them if submitted. To my knowledge, none of the other coins accepted by CAC have populations at NGC or PCGS or PF or MS 70.

WOW! sometimes it pays to read the entire sheet! I stand corrected! the bottom of the sheet also clearly states in bold text "bullion and modern coins will not be accepted for submissions".

WOW! sometimes it pays to read the entire sheet! I stand corrected! the bottom of the sheet also clearly states in bold text "bullion and modern coins will not be accepted for submissions".

It begs the question, what do they consider "modern coins", same question for "bullion coins".