• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is PCGS Forum Down?

116 posts in this topic

Hi Greg! :acclaim:

"Every time the PCGS site is down, this site gets an influx of PCGS-forum posters that generally contribute nothing of value here and then they are gone the very second the PCGS forums are back up. Again, very rude."

I have nothing of value to contribute here either! :banana:

Mike

Here's an idea why not do a PM to someone here that you might know to ask instead of creating two threads? hm

jom

Is the tellytubby forum really down also?

No. Only the Tinky-Winky subforum....it's undergoing maintenance.

jom

Is the tellytubby forum really down also?
No. Only the Tinky-Winky subforum....it's undergoing maintenance.

jom

son of a.........

This has been going on for so long now, I wonder if PCGS actually realizes they have a problem with their CU forum. If they knew they had a problem, I would think by now, they would have alerted us about the site down time. A simple down time for maintenance is one where PCGS should have alerted us by now. Looks to me like those in charge of the PCGS forum are on vacation, with nobody taking over for them.

It is the weekend, I expected to spend many enjoyable hours on the PCGS CU forum, and it is not available to us strong supporters of the PCGS forum. What the heck is going on?!!!

This has been going on for so long now, I wonder if PCGS actually realizes they have a problem with their CU forum. If they knew they had a problem, I would think by now, they would have alerted us about the site down time. A simple down time for maintenance is one where PCGS should have alerted us by now. Looks to me like those in charge of the PCGS forum are on vacation, with nobody taking over for them.

It is the weekend, I expected to spend many enjoyable hours on the PCGS CU forum, and it is not available to us strong supporters of the PCGS forum. What the heck is going on?!!!

There was an outage about a month ago or so where the forum went down on a Friday night I believe and then the site was resurrected on Monday morning. There was a thread that someone started about the outage of course. Don Willis actually posted in the thread that he did not find out the site was down until he got in the office on Monday morning.

To me that told us something...not sure what, but something. Either their server alerts are not working, they aren't using a free web service to check the site every few minutes...if no response then an email is sent to the "important people"...or some other thing like maybe others knew, chose not to resolve it and did not inform Don Willis of the issue...who knows what it tells us but it does say something. Maybe they feel it is not a priority to keep the the site up for advertisers...and keep the forum chatters happy? Who knows? Just a few weeks ago they had a planned outage for a couple of days where they migrated to a new server I believe. I think they had the hopes that would help with any issues they might be having, not sure. But since this is the 3rd outage in about 10 days, it is really hard to guess what is going on.

Well, it IS their forum, it's free for all of us (just like here), and though the rules are stricter there, this forum always seems to be more mellow, hence not needing to have 'militant' rules here (since 'you know who' took the helm, that's the only word that I can think of, since the new rules have been 'stickied' for how many years?). I am in agreement that I wish it were a bit more active here, but there is just as much great knowledge/info here as there. Where it's their 'bat and ball', it COULD be telling us that maybe they (he) decided to say 'the hell with it' and decided to take his bat and ball and go home (I doubt it, though it IS a slight possibility).

While I do spend more time replying there, I do check here on a daily basis. I admit, I used to NOT visit here as much as ATS, early on when I joined here, as there is (was?) more action ATS, even at the wee hours of the morning. But that has gone downhill since the 'new rules' went into effect. When was the last time the Q&A forum had an actual answer posted? Mr. H WOULD answer, and it was a good source for their info, and good questions WERE answered with complete answers by the higher-ups. That was a big plus, and appreciated by all. Since 'he' took the helm, the Q&A forum has turned into a ghost town, complete with tumbleweeds, almost like he couldn't be bothered. The registry forum is almost a ghost town, now. I remember that place (registry set forum) was super busy. Now, there might be 5-6 threads on it (I know, different reasons, but lingering effects?). The stamp forum? The autograph forum? They remind me of the great dustbowl in the Midwest of the '30's (I think it was the '30's). So, who knows what's going on. Looks like there will be a lot more action here, so 'thanks', NGC!

ATS = Atchison, Topeka & SantaFe?

I thought you were supposed to be on your honey moon?

lol. Congrats again, Cap'n.

Lance.

And FWIW, I clicked on the PCGS link a few minutes ago and the page actually came up, but none of the forums would open and then it disappeared again. So, they are working on it. Relax and have another cup of coffee!

This is the longest outage that I have seen over there. They must be doing major surgery on the site, or they must have a major problem. Or perhaps we've all been banned and don't know it yet. ;)

Ever since they went into the 'information cloud' VFR went out the window...they are definitely having some IT issues. Face it, their chat program is prehistoric, but their philosophy was, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...well, time has come.

Curiously, Legend Numismatics and Legend-Morphy Auctions are also down with the same error condition messages.

I wonder if there were some type of targeted attack - Maybe the Hong Kong office is staging a coup...?

Curiously, Legend Numismatics and Legend-Morphy Auctions are also down with the same error condition messages.

I wonder if there were some type of targeted attack - Maybe the Hong Kong office is staging a coup...?

Huh? Not down for me. ???

This is the longest outage that I have seen over there. They must be doing major surgery on the site, or they must have a major problem. Or perhaps we've all been banned and don't know it yet. ;)
About a month ago it went down on a Friday night IIR and it was not up until Monday morning around 9am Pacific Time. But now with it down Saturday night and it past 9:40 AM Pacific Time...clearly a quick reboot did NOT fix the problem. OH BOY! :(

Well, hopefully this forum will become more active in the realm of NUMISMATICS.... :whistle:

I pledge to help that along at some point tonight, regardless of what happens ATS.

That outdated forum software was screaming for a hacker to hack them so I wouldnt be surprised if thats what happened.

As a matter if fact, no.

The PCGS forums appear to be down and folks come over here to see if its really down or maybe its their PC/LapTop/Iphone/Tablet. Whats wrong with that?

Lee

Would it be OK to go to the Coke forums and ask if the Pepsi site is down? Would it be OK to post on these forums and ask if the Teletubbies site is down? Is this now the site to ask about other sites?

Yes. Get over it.

Do Pepsi and Coke really forums??