• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's a rare Buffalo Nickel. Ya might find this one interesting...

26 posts in this topic

Wow, what a wonderful find! Nice double strike! Good to see you around Joe.

Thanks Sam. Good to be back. I've been very busy lately buying up all the good Buffs I can find. But this one is outta the park. Thanks again.....

I would love to get a handle on the population of these double struck Buffs. I've been told their is only a handful of these. I only know of one other.. This one is in a pcgs holder with the assigned grade of xf-45 but looks a bit better than than the grade assigned. At least with my eyes.

I would love to get a handle on the population of these double struck Buffs. I've been told their is only a handful of these. I only know of one other.. This one is in a pcgs holder with the assigned grade of xf-45 but looks a bit better than than the grade assigned. At least with my eyes.

I am sure that there are probably more than a handful of double struck Buffalo nickels generally; however, very few of those, and quite possibly less than a handful, look as extreme as your coin.

I dunno. It IS grotesque and it butchers the great design by Frazer. If I was a mint employee and caught that, knowing how I love Buffaloes, that thing would have met it's demise. I know, I'm taking it too seriously. Hope the op enjoys it.