• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please post your monster or attractively toned Liberty Walking Half Dollar

67 posts in this topic

I have heard rumors about so called "monster" toned Liberty Walking Half Dollars, but I am having difficulty finding images of them. I want to know if they exist in any quantity and the spectrum of patterns that they display. As such, please post your monster or attractively toned Liberty Walking Half Dollar.

Thanks.

I would NOT call this one a monster by the typical definition (rainbow colors) BUT it is FULLY original.

It has a beautiful pearly, oyster color in the center with gorgeous golden brown rim tone on the obverse, because it was more exposed.

The reverse has a velvety, BRIGHT silver look with splashes of russets.

It screams 'I AM ORIGINAL!!'

I get all warm and fuzzy just when I look at it. The luster is FULL and UNINHIBITED.

It was probably stored in a blue Whitman folder for MANY years before being encapsulated.

It is very special to me, b/c of it's originality and it doesn't get much nicer, as far as I am concerned.

It was a lucky find for me in late 2010.

lf8_zpsf8d57a8b.jpg

lf9_zps3c7d6a5d.jpg

lf6_zps7240e80a.jpg

lf7_zpsfa8ece66.jpg

Ok I posted it...let me know what you think of it ;)

lol

Thanks everyone for the posts so far; I like them. Interestingly, I am beginning to think that attractively toned Liberty Walking Half Dollars are tougher than attractively toned Peace Dollars to find.

I think MJ has one I would call a monster.

I have spent the last seven years and fistfuls of cash trying to put a set of these together (33-47). People told me in would be in vain and I would go broke or insane or both. I'm actually within three coins of finishing the short set but it may never be finished.

Random coins from the project. These are also a bear to photograph. MJ

1290116692.jpg

1944Dhdcomp.jpg

6.jpg

32.jpg

Evan Gale (Aspen Park) has a 45-S that is stellar on his site. I have this 67* pictured below but push comes to shove I would rather have the 66 on his site. Grades on gem or higher in this series mean nothing to me on toned specimens.They are a scarce breed. MJ

1945Shdcomp.jpg

I bought a really nice one from MJ(i think) many year ago that ive yet to photograph and currently resides in a safe in FL so may be a while before I do but you can see the obverse in this collage I started but never finished. The reverse is the money shot as it is nice bright red with a neon green coming in from below. I think the below reverse shot is a scan so it barely shows the vibrant color. In the collage it is the coin on the right.

1946WalkerNGCMS65Rev.jpg

ShowcaseMed.gif

I dont think we will see any walkers that look like some of those monster morgans that we see posted.

That's true of just about any series compared to morgans except maybe ASE which to me dont count. But just about anything on a morgan is demmed NT no matter how insane it looks where every other series is instantly AT so I wonder what that says.

mumu, the only other series I think that has really nice toning would be franklins and other modern coins like quarters and roosies, maybe some proof coins like barber halfs, quarters or seated dollar but otherwise you don't see the same type of toning on morgans on other coins.

Frankies get those rainbows but usually its a small part of the coin or half or so, Nothing with full coverage like the morgans.

MJ--I just wanted to tell you that I think the 37-D is AWESOME and surely fits the category!! I've never seen another one quite like it.

I like ALL of the Walkers in this thread, so far!!