• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuning Colorful 1832 CBH just arrived in today's mail !

34 posts in this topic

Looks like a nice one. Make sure you look for any kind of old cleaning before committing.

I know CforC a little bit. He seems a decent guy. He'll take it back if there are any issues.

jom

Even though he is the competition for me I have purchased a coin or two from him and while his BIN's can be a bit high at times compared to what I deem to be true market value...they're much lower then most of the other tone coins flippers on Ebay and in many cases offer very fair value. (thumbs u

That is an absolutely stunning half-dollar! With all due respect to our fine board member Ankur, I find it to be an even nicer coin than his famed "controversial" one.

Obviously, I haven't seen the present coin in hand. However, having a fairly good idea of what the OPs coin looks like in hand (based on the pictures and being familiar with the type of material), I'll say this coin is not even close to Ankur's.

This is not to take anything away from the OP's coin, which appears to be far above average. I would buy this one without hesitation.

I would expect ankur's neon cbh to be light years better than this one. After all this cost $675 and ankur's was 6 times that. You get what you pay for, right? Still I think this was a very good value at that much lower price point and much more in my meager budget!

Please. It is a nice coin but nowhere close to Ankur's half.

Lance.

Probably but neither was the price. :o

jom

I would expect ankur's neon cbh to be light years better than this one. After all this cost $675 and ankur's was 6 times that. You get what you pay for, right? Still I think this was a very good value at that much lower price point and much more in my meager budget!

Comparing the cost of each coin is irrelevant. Ankur's coin has a CAC gold sticker which added a lot of premium to the price of the coin. Other members who viewed Ankur's coin in hand have said it was extraordinary. I would think if they had the opportunity to view yours in hand they would come up with a similar conclusion.

Maybe you should send it off to CAC.

Comparing the cost of each coin is irrelevant. Ankur's coin has a CAC gold sticker which added a lot of premium to the price of the coin. Other members who viewed Ankur's coin in hand have said it was extraordinary. I would think if they had the opportunity to view yours in hand they would come up with a similar conclusion.

Why is the cost irrelevant? WL said he'd expect Ankur's coin to be much nicer given it cost 6X. He's right...it should. However, WL feels his coin, which he seems very happy with, is a good value. I don't understand why that is irrelevant. (shrug)

jom

I don't like to compare apples to oranges or for that matter, Granny Smiths to McIntoshes (or is the plural of McIntosh, "McIntosh" like the plural of fish is fish, or is it McInti like the plural of fungus is fungi??)

Anyway. Ankur's coin has that "bling" and "it" factor and the price he paid is IMHO par for the course. The OP's bustie is beautiful as well, and has exactly the right balance of color & crust that I personally look for in a coin. Definitely a winner!!

Why is the cost irrelevant? WL said he'd expect Ankur's coin to be much nicer given it cost 6X. He's right...it should. However, WL feels his coin, which he seems very happy with, is a good value. I don't understand why that is irrelevant. (shrug)

jom

Do I really have to explain this? You think because a coin sold for more money that it is automatically better then one that sold for less. Have you seen either coin in hand ?? Many people have seen Ankur’s coin in hand , the only person in this discussion that has seen WL’s coin in hand is WL . WL has not seen Ankurs coin in hand. In summary considering all of this - price is irrelevant.

Case Closed. :grin:

I think the bottom line for me is that my CBH has toning that can be found on other CBH's. That is -- it's not unusually rare. This is why I was able to buy it more cheaply.

However Ankur's rainbow neon CBH displays toning that is rare beyond belief ... I have never seen another PCGS-graded CBH with color like that. And I doubt any of us will see a comparable one, ever.

Ankur has a coin that is truly one of a kind. While I have a pretty CBH with toning that is possible to find out there in the marketplace.

I think it was the rarity and uniqueness of the toning on Ankur's coin that excited Mark Feld so much and started a 30+ page thread on that coin. I am sure the thread on my CBH is about ready to die after 3 pages. That's probably the biggest tell on which coin excited peoples emotions more. Ha.

I bow down to Ankur's unique one-of-a-kind CBH. And mine is pretty but more common.

That is an absolutely stunning half-dollar! With all due respect to our fine board member Ankur, I find it to be an even nicer coin than his famed "controversial" one.

Obviously, I haven't seen the present coin in hand. However, having a fairly good idea of what the OPs coin looks like in hand (based on the pictures and being familiar with the type of material), I'll say this coin is not even close to Ankur's.

This is not to take anything away from the OP's coin, which appears to be far above average. I would buy this one without hesitation.

Sorry All, as I did not mean to start an argument over which coin is "better". I can just say that to my eye, the OP coin "LOOKS" like it should, whereas Ankur's, at least as portrayed by the images, look interesting, but just not the way I'd prefer my busties to look.

I cannot say that either coin is "better" than the other -- they are "different".

I think the bottom line for me is that my CBH has toning that can be found on other CBH's. That is -- it's not unusually rare. This is why I was able to buy it more cheaply.

However Ankur's rainbow neon CBH displays toning that is rare beyond belief ... I have never seen another PCGS-graded CBH with color like that. And I doubt any of us will see a comparable one, ever.

Ankur has a coin that is truly one of a kind. While I have a pretty CBH with toning that is possible to find out there in the marketplace.

I think it was the rarity and uniqueness of the toning on Ankur's coin that excited Mark Feld so much and started a 30+ page thread on that coin. I am sure the thread on my CBH is about ready to die after 3 pages. That's probably the biggest tell on which coin excited peoples emotions more. Ha.

I bow down to Ankur's unique one-of-a-kind CBH. And mine is pretty but more common.

The tone on your Bust Half is not that common, if it was common you would not have paid what you did for it. I know you are new and want to make friends but you are going a little too far bowing down to a coin. If you want to Bow to something go over to England and Bow to the Queen . :/