• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: 1972 Toned Dime-Nickel-Quarter-Half Dollar-Dollar *RAW*

14 posts in this topic

Most recently, I've decided to start a birthday set. I'm looking for toned coins, but I'm having a difficult time locating them. Perhaps it would have been better if I was older :)

I'm looking for any denomination from 1972, but I don't want to pay super high premiums for modern coins. I was hoping that a few of you might have 1 hanging around that won't break my wallet. I can always just buy any one that looks good and slabbed, but I want to build a toned set.

Thanks!

To begin, I'm trying to keep it under $100 for the first few. I wanted slabbed, but perhaps I'll consider raw for this set depending on the cost of some. I know that a nice toned IKE might be more than that as well as the 1972 DDO Lincoln, so those I might just wait on.

If raw is the way to go on this, I just may.

I looked this morning and there was a dime or two (MS67 and MS66FT) but not toned. Thought I would have one for him but came up empty ???

Have a few raw that will get sent in soon but the toners are 1976 and 1977 coins.

Nice coins...

BLive ... Just dont submit them to NGC for grading. I just got killed on a submission for modern toners with those colors.. They are ATing a lot of toned moderns now.

I believe all of the coins listed to be NT with what I would describe as Dansco toning.

Nice coins...

BLive ... Just dont submit them to NGC for grading. I just got killed on a submission for modern toners with those colors.. They are ATing a lot of toned moderns now.

I believe all of the coins listed to be NT with what I would describe as Dansco toning.

The only toned ones I'll find will probably be Dansco and that's cool with me. I'm finding the dimes and quarters to be a little more difficult.