• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Birthday present from my daughter

30 posts in this topic

My 6 year old daughter knows I like coins, and has come to realize that a lot of them are 'rainbows'. So while she was with my wife, who was antiquing, she asked if she could buy me a rainbow coin for my birthday, and she found and bought this example for $12 because of the toning!

IMGP1903.jpgIMGP1900.jpg

This will live in my collection forever.

What an awesome gift and what an AWESOME Daughter!! I bet you had a tear in your eye when you were holding it. I would have!!

I have know idea what it is, but I would take that eye appeal on a US coin any day.

She did good.

+1 :applause:

lol, I had to look it up myself.

Apparently it is a commemorative for some bridge :)

It is halfway in between the size of a quarter and a half dollar.

I have know idea what it is, but I would take that eye appeal on a US coin any day.

She did good.

+1 :applause:

lol, I had to look it up myself.

Apparently it is a commemorative for some bridge :)

It is halfway in between the size of a quarter and a half dollar.

It would be awesome if it turned out to be worth millions. Also ironic she would not let you sell.

I plan on sending it in with my next submission. Obviously not a financially sound proposition.... but I want to preserve it.

I would too. Also, at one point NGC would pedigree any coin for $5. You might be able to get them to include a brief inscription.