• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewP from Charmy at the Tucson Coin Show

20 posts in this topic

Met The Penny Lady here in Tucson, she is even lovelier in person.

Shook hands with Rick Snow, but didn't get a chance to chat.

Charmy showed me several coins, but sold me on this 1888 for its color, eye appeal.

The first IHC in the Old Pueblo Collection. I like it a lot. :grin:

OP

133791.jpg.afef03cd511e44f084934c4a2765555a.jpg

Great looking coin............I was thinking there was a coin show today here in Tucson.....will it be going on tomorrow also?

Today was the last day.

You had better luck than me. I went to a show in PA with may main goal to view some of her coins. I could not get the time of day. Went to the table twice with no other customers at the table. Oh well???

That's an attractive coin. It looks as if it might be semi-prooflike in hand?

I have never examined a IHC in mint state before yesterday, so I don't really feel qualified to make that observation. I can say this "it is stunning example in hand".

Charmy helped me select a PQ coin, as she suggested "this coin has all the color and quality characteristic she desires in a IHC". She did not suggest semi-PL during our meeting.

I respected her opinion and expertise as I examined and compared the coin to others in the case. She spent some time with me comparing BN, RB, and RD. I came away with a very beautiful coin and some education too.

When I told her I knew you, she jacked the price by a Sawbuck! lol

I am interested in a proof example now...hint hint

OP

It was great meeting you in Tucson. I'm glad you like your new "Pretty Penny"! Though I don't think it's quite prooflike, I think you chose a beauty. As I mentioned, it has the eye appeal and toning of coins I look for to add to my own collection. Congratulations on becoming a copper collector!!