• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Silver Eagles SOLD OUT! posted by tig

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Treasury Announcement

The Treasury has sent a memo to all of the primary distributers that they are sold out of silver eagles. The memo says that they will reassess the situation on January 28th and may ration the eagles for a while. This will probably put the early release grades in all forms at a premium. The Treasury is reporting that over seven million silver eagles have been distributed in the first two weeks.

tig

See more journals by tig

Moondoggy,

I recieved the same email that you did... I signed up for the auto yearly order/buy program from Mint. I expect my two Proof and MS ASE coins starting in late February.

Thanks Tig for your info.

Semper Fi,

Jack

Silver is on the rise!!!

Silver Eagles will be available again once silver peaks. Last year in February silver peaked at over $35. I have been following the history graphs on Kitco and this year it is running the same course. 2011 --- by April silver hit $48. Every year Feb to April are the best climbing months for Precious Metals Values. I believe this year will exceed 2011.

Rick

I hope you are correct again Rick !!!!

ME TOO!!! :)

Waiting on a $42.50 value on silver to cash out. Then I will restock when values level out lower a month later at $30 or less. I'm not a tycoon or nothing as it is a small stock of 100 oz.s or so. Just another fun hobby that mixes well with coins as I search the so called junk silver for varieties and keepers.

Later---Rick

I believe it is a temporary situation with the bullion coins. They go back on sale the 28th of this month, according to the Mint. This seems to be a common thing the last few years with the bullion issues.

Jeffrey