• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's Todd's photo of my new 1955/55 DDO from FUN!

22 posts in this topic

I have received a few pm's from forum members wanting to pry this beauty out of my hands, but let me just say, I absolutely LOVE this coin! I'm sure all you collectors understand how a special coin can tug at your heart and make you feel giddy to have such a piece in your own collection - and that is what this coin does for me. The 1955/55 is my favorite Lincoln cent, and I am so fortunate to have found this little guy that fits so perfectly into my set!

11.jpg

Is there a difference, grade?, between this one and the one in your signature? That has the same general "look" color and toning wise. Is there something to the 1955/55 that i dont know about? Is that different from a normal 55 DDO?

Hmm... Did you bump his copy stand while he was shooting this as all the letters and numbers are all doubled hmlol

Seriously that's a very handsome 55DDO Lincoln...

I especially like the level of remaining mint red for a BN TPG designation as along with the patina it really makes this one pop! :headbang:

P.S.

The Penny Lady, The next time your at a show having breakfast/lunch/dinner with member Elbesaar in your group -

Have him tell you the story how as a kid he and his friends got these out of a cigarette vending machine on packs of Lucky Strikes...

Then threw the pennies away as they were all messed up! :roflmao:

Nice coin but too bad about the blurry obverse - makes it look like the date and other things are doubled.... :)