• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

' POLL' Teletrade 'once a week'......Does it matter ?

Teletrade auction schedule  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Teletrade auction schedule

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm not a big 'Teletrade' person, but recently saw where they were going to a once-a-week auction.

Do you think this is better, worse or matters not?

Paul

I am going to wait a couple weeks to see what is going on before making an opinion. Originally it sounded like they were going to have a much higher sell-through rate than 30%, but it sure doesn't look like it to me.

It's a lot more to look through and when looking last week everything I found had a much higher opening price than I was willing to go...and all went unsold so they will probably add to the inventory this week.

Undecided so far, but it was a lot to look through last week with such a large inventory all ending at the exact same time.

I would like to see an auction house with a 15 minute rule for once.

I am going to wait a couple weeks to see what is going on before making an opinion. Originally it sounded like they were going to have a much higher sell-through rate than 30%, but it sure doesn't look like it to me.

My thoughts exactly. The coins still seem to have high reserves and probably won't sell, as usual.

The first 'weekly' has closed and the 2nd started. The first seemed to have roughly 35% sellthrough rate. The 2nd started does have quite a few lower starting bids, so possibly will be over 40% selling?

I have estimated less than 50% workload, So am not sure if they were short staffed before, or many employees got reassigned to other divisions/let go.

There are a few coins now without pictures - which is similar to ?8 yrs? ago, maybe they will be added this week.

I will miss the Tuesday auctions, as being no reserves mostlots got sold.

I am still scratching my head as to why a company would make such a sudden switch in procedures.

The first 'weekly' has closed and the 2nd started. The first seemed to have roughly 35% sellthrough rate. The 2nd started does have quite a few lower starting bids, so possibly will be over 40% selling?

I have estimated less than 50% workload, So am not sure if they were short staffed before, or many employees got reassigned to other divisions/let go.

There are a few coins now without pictures - which is similar to ?8 yrs? ago, maybe they will be added this week.

I will miss the Tuesday auctions, as being no reserves mostlots got sold.

I am still scratching my head as to why a company would make such a sudden switch in procedures.

I watched 6 coins in the first auction. 0 sold, I bid on 0 of them due to the retail reserves.

I predict the end of Teletrade. Great Collections already has better customer service, staffing, and descriptions. Until recently, the hidden reserves were also a problem that made me want to deal with them even less. With the new buyer's fee, which will ultimately be passed on to the seller, I think consignors of decent material will look elsewhere. I predict Teletrade will be filled with cheap dreck and won't be worth browsing.