• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp for my toned lincolns

27 posts in this topic

Cheap addition to my toned lincolns. Picked this one up raw. Blazing luster and intense color. It looks very nice in the album.

I have deleted the pics due to the fact I have heard back from the seller.

He admitted that he could not get a pic of the coin he sold me so he used the photo of another coin. This is very frustrating as it has put a strain on a good relationship. I have bought and consigned several items in the past now I am usnsure what will become of our dealings.

I am happy with the coin I recieved and will keep it for forty dollars. I am still upset with the dishonesty. He could have told me upfront and I would have looked at the coin.

Cheap addition to my toned lincolns. Picked this one up raw. Blazing luster and intense color. It looks very nice in the album.

1909blue1.jpg

1909blue2.jpg

That coin is as cool as the other side of the pillow. Love it, fantastic pics!

It has obviously been treated, but if you like that post-processed, artificial neon blue then good for you.

I was just waiting for that comment - yes it has been 'treated' and patina has been removed, BUT, as I have said and shown experiments for - this is real toning not some reaction with the treatment reagant. I love the look though and I would take it, nice coin!

Best, HT

It has obviously been treated, but if you like that post-processed, artificial neon blue then good for you.

I was just waiting for that comment - yes it has been 'treated' and patina has been removed, BUT, as I have said and shown experiments for - this is real toning not some reaction with the treatment reagant. I love the look though and I would take it, nice coin!

Best, HT

Could you share your thoughts and experiments. A link to another thread, in this post, or a PM it does not matter.

I understand some people can hardly stand the posting of coins such as this but I believe they are wonderful.

Also if this were so easy to reproduce there would be many more imo. Despite the thoughts of some, many if not most of the time this intense color combined with the uninteruppted luster bring very nice premiums.

I have learned this topic goes as far as nt at ma on every other series and I have just accepted the fact some love it and some hate it.

Jim

Have you received this coin yet? The photo is of my coin and I submitted it to PCGS a few months ago (came back Genuine) and I still own it.

I'm confused. The photo is of braddick's Lincoln, braddick still owns it. So how can it be in OP's album?

Lance.

Have you received this coin yet? The photo is of my coin and I submitted it to PCGS a few months ago (came back Genuine) and I still own it.

I'm confused. The photo is of braddick's Lincoln, braddick still owns it. So how can it be in OP's album?

Lance.

It sounds like the seller was using the photo as a stock photo.

MS70'd?

Without a doubt.

That's what I was thinking...glad someone else mentioned that first.

jom

No, no, no, I don't think it'll grade that high.

:whee:

MS70'd?

Without a doubt.

That's what I was thinking...glad someone else mentioned that first.

jom

No, no, no, I don't think it'll grade that high.

:whee:

I'm pretty sure you'd know. :devil:

jom

I have replied now and also been a little busy for the holiday weekend.

Upon further examination my coin is consitent with the color and luster. With that said I do not see the spot on the shoulder from any angle.

I am waiting for a response from the seller and I am sure he will. We have a good relationship. I met the seller at my local coin club some time ago. He has helped me sell some of my coins, he also occasionally emails me things he knows I collect before sending to ebay.