• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete Roosevelt RAW set including Proofs - My baby!

27 posts in this topic

It took me almost 2 years to put this set together, it is my baby! When i first started out I was into raw coins and the closer I got to the end, the more I wished I had gone with NGC coins, but I can always do another.

Anyway, if you are a fan of Roosevelts...ENJOY!

Dansco 8125 Page-1

dime1-1.gif

dime1-2.gif

dime1-3.gif

Dansco 8125 Page-2

dime2-1.gif

dime2-2.gif

dime2-3.gif

Dansco 8125 Page-3

dime3-1.gif

dime3-2.gif

dime3-3.gif

Dansco 8125 Page-4

dime4-1.gif

dime4-2.gif

dime4-3.gif

Dansco 8125 Page-5

dime5-1.gif

dime5-2.gifdime5-3.gif

You are better off uploading your photos to an imaging hosting site like Photobucket and then simply copy & paste the img codes to this forum.

You are better off uploading your photos to an imaging hosting site like Photobucket and then simply copy & paste the img codes to this forum.

Thank you! it worked!

Thank you! it worked!

Now that you have your Dansco filled up, it is time to start filling up your new registry set. Do you prefer white or toned?

I have always like the silver set of Roosevelt dimes. I bought one years ago in a Seitz Coin Case for something like $150. The set is now Gray Sheet bid a $170 so I'd have made more from bank interest, but it's still a fun collectable. Here is the first case, which covered 1946 to 1955-P

RooseveltDimeset.jpg

Thank you! it worked!

Now that you have your Dansco filled up, it is time to start filling up your new registry set. Do you prefer white or toned?

I like them both. I love the nice clean look of white, but the flair of toned coins gets me.

What a nice set, that 68-D almost looks like a proof! I have a set as well, bought it about 10 years ago and have just been updating it every year, just wait till they start to tone, you'll have some nice ones!

This is a nice set to build. However, over time you will begin to see that some of the dimes will start to tone while others will not and you will lose the uniformity of the appearance. Those dimes on the edges of pages should tone fastest and the silver dimes will tone more deeply than the clad dimes.

Thats a nice set, Astro! I, myself, just finished the set (oh, ok, I have the '93 and '97 silver proofs to get, but I do have the '82 no-P in MS65 (a crackout from ATS...ripped as an unattributed '82-P).

Watch the silver from the 50's...ALL mine were blast white, and I, too, looked and passed over coins for that 'matching set'. Took over 2 years (wasn't a priority), but a few of the '50's are toning....nicely, mind you, but I prefer blast white.....had I known some would start toning, I would have looked for Intercept Shield (looks like I'll start looking for a few different IS albums for a few silver series I have...wish me luck!) .

Intercept Shield...all gone bye-bye now, we took it for advantage, and we are now realizing what a benefit they were. I remember ICG using it in their slabs for a time.

BUT, back to the OP....that IS a nice set, Astro! But, watch the early silvers.....nothing on the modern silvers (some have been in there longer than the older ones). What will your next set/album be of?

BUT, back to the OP....that IS a nice set, Astro! But, watch the early silvers.....nothing on the modern silvers (some have been in there longer than the older ones). What will your next set/album be of?

I have a few going. Walking Liberty and Franklin Halves. The Franklins I am working hard on, the Walking Liberty set is is just casual. If I see any at a good price I grab them.

But since day one, my biggest problem has always been that I collect too much different stuff at once. I seem to think some day i can have a complete set of every US issue coin! lol

Nice fun set to put together and enjoy! I don't put together any sets anymore, but looking at yours makes me look back fondly. I'd love to see this set in 10 years after they've toned :) Congrats!

I have a few going. Walking Liberty and Franklin Halves. The Franklins I am working hard on, the Walking Liberty set is is just casual. If I see any at a good price I grab them.

But since day one, my biggest problem has always been that I collect too much different stuff at once. I seem to think some day i can have a complete set of every US issue coin! lol

What grade are you getting for the Franklins? I am a huge fan of the Franklin, and have completed a Registry set which you can see in my signature below.

Thats a nice set, Astro! I, myself, just finished the set (oh, ok, I have the '93 and '97 silver proofs to get, but I do have the '82 no-P in MS65 (a crackout from ATS...ripped as an unattributed '82-P).

Watch the silver from the 50's...ALL mine were blast white, and I, too, looked and passed over coins for that 'matching set'. Took over 2 years (wasn't a priority), but a few of the '50's are toning....nicely, mind you, but I prefer blast white.....had I known some would start toning, I would have looked for Intercept Shield (looks like I'll start looking for a few different IS albums for a few silver series I have...wish me luck!) .

Intercept Shield...all gone bye-bye now, we took it for advantage, and we are now realizing what a benefit they were. I remember ICG using it in their slabs for a time.

Hopefully this well help www.coinarmour.com I am picking up where Intercept Shield left off, but with a simpler more economical solution. Storage bags for graded coins.

I'm going to attempt to retake these pictures tonight, the toning on these in last year is crazy and amazing.

Any tips on capturing toning in photos?