• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally back to collecting. posted by Kamakazy

12 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

As Six Mile Rick can attest, I have been beyond swamped with work, moving and family the past year, however finally back to building the collection again.

Added a new Top 100 Washington.

Added an 1829 H10C VF

Added a really great 1942/1 mercury. Brilliant Specimen on the strike.

Added two Ann. Sets and both are in for grades on black slabs. (one is going to a friend for Christmas who is new to the art.)

Added a 1oz gold 1980 Krugerrand. Brilliant Specimen.

Added a 1917 McKinley.

Added 2012 SanFran Eagle Set.

There are a number of other additions you will see in the registry however I will not have photos up for a few days.

Approximately 45 coins in for grading and a number of specimens coming in on the CC Morgan Collection to complete that set.

I took it down from the registry as a dispute had risen over one of the CC coins and now has been resolved and now is "officially" in my collection. By the way, if you sell a coin, please remove it from your registry and don't claim you still own it when you don't!

Happy Hunting!

See more journals by Kamakazy

Any coin valued over $100.00 that I sell I keep it registered in my name until the coin has been delivered to the new owner. I monitor all the coins I sell and as soon as I see it has been delivered I then and only then, remove it from my ownership, that day. I do this to insure that if the coin gets misplaced, stolen or otherwise it ends up in the wrong hands and they try to register the coin they will not be able to. I tell my customers this and they appreciate I take such measures.

Nice additions by the way !!!!!

Mike

When I sell a coin it is marked as sold in my registry. I then still have the registry number and the new owner can enter it when they get it. After they enter the coin I then delete it from the registry.

Much Easier,

Rick;

Sounds like a 2 part step on your part whereas I only have to interface with the database once and by you entering sold implies you not longer have possession. The operative word "implies".

Just a thought.......

Mike

Rick;

Sounds like a 2 part step on your part whereas I only have to interface with the database once and by you entering sold implies you not longer have possession. The operative word "implies".

Just a thought.......

Mike

Mike, Yes it is a two step process. However once I obtain the cash for the sale the coin I am sending to the new owner is no longer mine and I only need the reg. number in case of USPS problems. It is a courtesy to others, to mark coins as sold when I ship them.

Rick

I do the same as you Rick when I receive the money. When I mark the item as sold, that item still remains in my collection manager and on my spreadsheets indefinitely for my records. If the coin is lost in transit, I have all the information I need o make a claim including pictures of the coin in its holder. For a long time I have not understood this issue and the differences in peoples procedures. However, to each their own as long as the sold item is eventually released.

Gary