• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To all ---- a message of peace for Todd Peters!! posted by Six Mile Rick

20 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Rest In Peace my Friend!!

Friends, As most already know our friend has been struggling for two years or more with cancer. His last day was yesterday with family and his struggle is now over. His excitement over the past few years was mainly adding coins to his dime set. The friends he made in the club and coin community was his social network and his commitment and challenge in competing in the dime set was his most enjoyment. Some of us got to know him very well and had a few great laughs in conversations on the phone. He intended on adding coins that were sent for his set and thanking those that sent them but never built up enough energy after the radiation was over. He will be truly missed as a very good friend.

Rest In Peace My Friend!!

Rick

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Sorry to hear that news, my regards to his family and friends.

We often never know how we touch or are touched my others as we dash around our daily lives. Todd reached out to me thru these boards a few times and I appreciated his following my progress as I do all of my friends here.

Rest in Peace Friend,

Larry

Todd is a good friend here at Collectors Society and will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends, I wish them God's peace in their time of bereavement.

Gary

To Todd's family and friends go my most sincere condolences.

Thank you Rick for keeping us up to date with Todd's progress and coin needs.

He will surely be missed here at the society.

Michael

Todd was a great friend who will sorely be missed. I thought about and prayed for him several times yesterday and I now know why...

Heartfelt prayers of regret for his family's and this family's loss yesterday.

Todd

I'm glad he enjoyed his stay here on the forums and how well everyone here treated him and even pitched in to try and finish his dime set!

More than the coins, this is what this hobby is about, the comradely and friendship here are practically second to none! Though I had never personally met Todd, I feel and mourn the loss to myself and to Collectors Society.

Gary

Todd, a short poem I found for you........

A rare old coin

is a happy find;

Each one added

helps content the mind..........

Some like copper

nickel, silver, and gold;

I'll go for anything

that's valuable and old............

My condolences and prayers to Todd's loved ones.

Rich

I just found about this tragic news a few minutes ago. I known about his struggles were for a long time now. I remembered when he first contacted me about starting his dime collection. I told him everything to look for before sending a coin in. He wanted to have a set worth wild, and he didn't know how far he will get in his collection because of the finances and Chemo .A few times I would talk about coins for hours on the phone. I gave him my best advice and told him what grade to stay with. I sold him a lot of dimes that I upgraded . He was a great friend that I never met. I have had the rare opportunity to meet great collectors in here for the first time, like Lonnie Helton and Jason Colingner Even though I have only met them once, they will be remembered by me forever. To all who collectors in here, never pass the opportunity to meet someone who is a fellow collector. you may never get that chance again. I know I wont ever get to see Todd .. I will never be able to put a face with the voice I knew from the phone.. When he called, I knew his voice right off the bat. Rest in Peace my good friend !!!!. Words can never express the sorrow I am feeling knowing you are gone forever !

Although I didn't know him, personally, I can feel the sorrow of the loss, as I have seen many people close to me succumb to cancer. I also value my friendships made on these boards and can respect and relate to almost everyone here, which makes me feel connected to him. RIP to a kindred soul.

Todd was the first person to reach out and welcome me when I first joined the community. Since then I have had the pleasure of talking to other members.

There is a quote that I always loved from the movie Braveheart. "Every man who lives, dies; but not every man who dies truly lived".

I think you can tell from the comments here that Todd lived a great life. My condolences to Todd's family. He will be missed.

Marcus

Todd was a true gentleman. I am proud to have 17 dimes in my proof Roosie collection which I purchased from Todd back in June/July of 2011. It was a strange twist of fate during that transaction to find out that Todd was receiving his treatments just 2 blocks away from the building in which I work. He weathered this relentless disease with grace, and I am honored to call him one of the many friends I have met here on the NGC boards.

You will be greatly missed Todd, but not forgotten. May you rest in peace.

Sincerely,

-Brandon