• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your your most treasured coin, and value!

128 posts in this topic

This is my current favorite. A NGC MS64 RB. Getting ready to show it and it's brothers and sisters in an exhibit at MSNS later this week. Value? Well whatever someone would be willing to pay, if it was for sale.

18722CMS64RBObv.jpg1872MS64RBNGCRevWht-1.jpg

Thanks guys! It might be a 63 on a good day, but Im not going to risk losing the old green holder. Im happy where it is :)

Yeah, I'm not really seeing enough wear to pull in down from UNC to AU. Regardless if you ever went to sell it no doubt you would get MS money for it anyway. It's a beauty!

Thanks guys! It might be a 63 on a good day, but Im not going to risk losing the old green holder. Im happy where it is :)

While your coins is a super coin, PCGS nailed this coin if you ask me. AU 58 is right on the money and not MS.

Here is my 19-S. I wanted to post it, so as not to appear lazy and to play the game properly. NO COIN is worth more to me on a financial, knowledge gleaning based or favorite issue level than this coin. The NGC price guide value for this coin is 11720 but you could pay as little as 8600 for a bad or as much as 16000 for a GOOD MS 64. YES, it is THAT variable and THAT subjective. A minuscule amount of the only 100 MS survivors of this RARE issue (#2 in the set) are of decent quality and even fewer are PQ examples, while dogs are VERY ABUNDANT (relatively speaking, of course, as only 100 survivors exist!!) and sellers ask high end $$$ for even the ugly dogs. I love this piece :luhv: and it took A LOT of metaphoric 'blood, sweat and tears' for me to find and to finally achieve it. I count myself LUCKY.

1919s6453112o.jpg

1919s6453112or.jpg

Here's my 1885 Liberty Nickel MS 61. The only thing that keeps this Lib from promotion to 63 is subdued luster.

Someday, I hope to upgrade to MS 64.

Happy Thanksgiving

OP

132240.jpg.9c86a6310d95b3c787e285499f9a6ae1.jpg

132241.jpg.dd7647ee46825ea1578fd8ded2e2fab5.jpg

Larry--That is one BEAUTIFUL key with SHARP details. I wish you a lot of luck and much success in finding your MS 64 upgrade. May it be sooner rather than later. ;) Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone on these boards!!

Well, I'm building a commem set, so I have three coins.

I was told by a wise commem guy that if I run across a Lincoln with color, pounce. I did.

Illinois.jpg

From the perspective of love at first sight and bought immediately.

boonetyobvrev.jpg

And last from the aspect of a coin that I coveted for a couple years ( and picked up at the same time as the lincoln)

Cal64.jpg

Love the commems erik...the Boone is just top notch!

Here is my 19-S. I wanted to post it, so as not to appear lazy and to play the game properly. NO COIN is worth more to me on a financial, knowledge gleaning based or favorite issue level than this coin.

Bah! Quit patting yourself on the back. GO find that 19-D you wimp!

lol

jom

Love the commems erik...the Boone is just top notch!

Here is my 19-S. I wanted to post it, so as not to appear lazy and to play the game properly. NO COIN is worth more to me on a financial, knowledge gleaning based or favorite issue level than this coin.

Bah! Quit patting yourself on the back. GO find that 19-D you wimp!

lol

jom

What do you mean? I think that you posted a lot more pics, in other threads, than I did. lol

19 D--In due time, my friend.......in due time. ;)

I have several which are tied, but I find this one quite interesting.

DSCN6096-1-1.jpg

I just purchased this one which is my nicest wheat. My favorite series.

1912-s65br.jpg

This post made me want to use some of my new equipment to try and reshoot the 1886.

18861ctype1obverse.jpg

18861ctype1reverse.jpg

18861ctype1dieclash.jpg

Most treasured... depends on the day. It's one of these two though. Wish I had a better shot of the DB.

Love seeing the variety of coins presents. Thanks for sharing!

1795 FH $1 F15

(Forum mbr purchase)

Photobucket

1795 DB $1 VF30

(My bad point and shoot camera photo)

Photobucket

:o:applause:

Most treasured... depends on the day. It's one of these two though. Wish I had a better shot of the DB.

Love seeing the variety of coins presents. Thanks for sharing!

1795 FH $1 F15

(Forum mbr purchase)

Photobucket

1795 DB $1 VF30

(My bad point and shoot camera photo)

Photobucket