• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mercury dimes were Sold and My dream car is now finished

15 posts in this topic

Trading the best coins for the best car 1!!

For all of those who know me, I am a serious collector and a huge player in the registry. I buy the best of the best and it was time, my 5 monster mercury were sold at heritage. I have been given a once in a lifetime chance to buy the car I always wanted and it finally became available. It is the original 1967 Playboy pink convertible mustang. I know it may sound silly, but only 10 playboy pink convertibles were produced.It it not just a plain jane convertible.

It is originally A deluxe package interior and exterior. Rare options also include Tilt away steering wheel,Air condition, power steering,power brakes,power top, Console, Luggage Rack,289 V-8. I have the pics and the car is finished . These are my mercurys that went to the central states auction and I have a few roosevelt ms67*FT's that went there as well.

1929 D MS 67* FB NGC

1941 D MS 68 FB NGC

1942 MS 68 FB NGC CAC

1943 D MS 68* FB NGC

1944 D MS 68* FB NGC CAC

The car did take longer than expected. It took me 6 months to complete it. Now I am driving it and enjoying it. I do miss my monster mercurys but the car is a wonderful feeling. I may eventually get back into mercury dimes full speed, but I have to work on the registery awards, with a month to go...

I hope everyone accomplishes their goals this year, Enjoy everyone !!!!!

12302.JPG

See more journals by Paul Kiraly

My first car was a 65 Mustang. That car is awesome. Congrats on achieving a dream.

I will second the congratulations. Mine was a '66 289. Someday I'll own a '64 1/2 convertible, until then I can just live vicariously through stories like Paul Kiraly 3's.

Pink is one of those colors that you either love or hate. The attention this car gets is beyond compair. Hue Heffner designed this color for the 64 mustang for the playmate of the year. Only in 1967 you could buy one special order only !. To order this color you had to ask for paint code WT9036 . Ford did not want to associate themselves back then with a popular mens magazine where women were in nude. In 1968 Ford use the same paint formula and Paint Code and called it Passionate Pink. Now you know a little history of the Playboy Pink Mustangs !

gorgeous stang..I'd have done the same thing in a second. We collect for the enjoyment, I'm sure the enjoyment of driving that beauty will exceed that of the mercs...

PS: when the right sailboat (ketch) comes along, I'll be liquidating some coins too.....

Great car! I had a 66 mustang that my family bought new, and eventually got passed down to me. I drove that car for 14 years!

Forget pictures of the coins. Please post a picture of the 1967 Playmate of the Year!! We need that to complete the story! (face only for this crowd please) :blush:

CONGRATS, PAUL. WISH WE COULD HAVE CONNECTED ON THAT '42 PRE-AUCTION. THE NGC SYSTEM WAS DOWN I MY MESSAGE TO YOU DIDN'T GO THROUGH BEFORE YOU SENT THEM TO HERITAGE. I ENDED UP WITH YOUR '41D AT THE AUCTION THOUGH AND IT IS A WINNER.

Pink is one of those colors that you either love or hate. The attention this car gets is beyond compair. Hue Heffner designed this color for the 64 mustang for the playmate of the year. Only in 1967 you could buy one special order only !. To order this color you had to ask for paint code WT9036 . Ford did not want to associate themselves back then with a popular mens magazine where women were in nude. In 1968 Ford use the same paint formula and Paint Code and called it Passionate Pink. Now you know a little history of the Playboy Pink Mustangs !

The car I had was a 1964 Impala SS 327 factory 4 speed posi-trac Datona Blue

wheat