• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Latest Rant..GRRRRRRRRRRRR

25 posts in this topic

I have been waiting a week for my latest Lincoln to arrive, it finally showed up today, I start to enter it in the registry, lo and behold, I get the dreaded somebody else owns it. Its only worth 1345 points, its a 1972 DDO MS65RD

131039.jpg.88def3938ab051df4cbed1698bc173de.jpg

131040.jpg.eae36e6be374f4523cc5ae65d50287fd.jpg

you should have checked it before you bought it - I frequently pass on purchases because it is in someone elses registry set - and when I check it, I can see how many people I pass, and then what it is worth to me.

You guys sure get upset and frustrated over the silliest things.... :slapfight:

jom

Why not...? Since the 80's, young people all over Western Civilization have been taught that they have to have it now NOW NOW!!!!!!

Anyone remember when ordering something by mail, and it took 4-6 weeks...or longer...for delivery? Even when you ordered it over the phone?

Now, I get people who think 4 days is too long to wait.

We've spoiled two entire generations.

:whee:

Anyone remember when ordering something by mail, and it took 4-6 weeks...or longer...for delivery?

I learned patience buying from the Mint back in the early 70's when you ordered your proof sets in Feb, (checks only, cashed immediately) and then if you were lucky you got them in November in time to use for Christmas presents. There was no tracking of your order, and it could not be canceled except by the Mint. If they were slow you might get the next years order blanks before your order from the previous year had even arrived. Used to see letters to the editor in Coin World every so often about people finally getting their orders after having waited up to two years. Longest one I ever saw was a letter from the mint in 1976 to a collector informing him that the 1971 40% silver proof Ike he had ordered was sold out and that his payment would be returned sometime "in the near future". He had been waiting for his order for over five years. I have no idea how long he had to wait for his refund.

You guys sure get upset and frustrated over the silliest things.... :slapfight:

jom

Why not...? Since the 80's, young people all over Western Civilization have been taught that they have to have it now NOW NOW!!!!!!

Anyone remember when ordering something by mail, and it took 4-6 weeks...or longer...for delivery? Even when you ordered it over the phone?

Now, I get people who think 4 days is too long to wait.

We've spoiled two entire generations.

:whee:

I think you can get a Russian mail-order bride delivered within 5 days. All fresh and ready for love.

Looks like a nice...um...piece? I'm not sure if the color is NT or AT though...
I think there's something artificial there... but it aint the toning! :D