• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This seems suspicious

186 posts in this topic

In my opinion the OP of the thread I posted is a coward, and has no defense. That's my opinion. Prove me wrong. Always a pleasure to expose crooks who try to take advantage of others.

That's one of the points of these collector threads. To expose the crooks.

One of the other forums, Coin Talk I think, doesn't allow new members to post in their Buy/Sell/Trade section until they have 10 posts under their belt.

This guy joined and immediately started posting in that area here, as all 7 of his posts are on the same thread.

CS should think about that kind of requirement.

In my opinion the OP of the thread I posted is a coward, and has no defense. That's my opinion. Prove me wrong. Always a pleasure to expose crooks who try to take advantage of others.

I have seen no evidence that he is a crook or a coward. You should either prove it or retract your claims and apologize. Prove me wrong.

Just so people who don't check the money marketplace see this.

Same posting from a Michelle Puglisi

Posted 5 days ago

"hey collectors!

i know im new to this forum, but i would like to share my list of gold & silver coins that i have for sale. i work for liberty gallery located in new york, we accept all CC's, checks, money orders, and paypal. I am a verified eBayer and verified paypal seller.

We offer a 30-day money back guarantee, so if for ANY reason your not satisfied with your coin you can ship it back and get a 100% refund.

If you see anything on my list of coins please either call or email me. I'd rather talk on the phone and go through the coins, dates, & grades that way.

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU SEE ANYTHING THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO EITHER UPGRADE OR FINISH YOUR COLLECTION!!!!!!!

MY EMAIL IS meesh1435@gmail.com'

and my phone number is (877)201-7040... and just ask for Michelle"

Not taking a side, but it doesn't feel right.

edited to add : The same inventory list is listed on the link. I just didn't want to cut and paste it here.

I did some more digging and I would also like to point out this.

The OP stated

" verified paypal seller"

On this website the OP purchased a virtual credit card. The quick and dirty on what these are is the person/company generates:

16 Digit Virtual Credit Card Number

3 Digit CVV2/CVC2 Code Number

Expiry Date (**/****) mm/yyyy (3 Months)

Purpose Intended (Example, PayPal or EBay or Shopping)

VCC must be used within 24 hours from the time it has been delivered to your email or else it will expire due to security restrictions. Read Frequently Asked Questions for more details.

This allows the purchaser to verify their paypal account via credit card, without having to use an actual credit card.

I did some more digging and I would also like to point out this.

The OP stated

" verified paypal seller"

On this website the OP purchased a virtual credit card. The quick and dirty on what these are is the person/company generates:

16 Digit Virtual Credit Card Number

3 Digit CVV2/CVC2 Code Number

Expiry Date (**/****) mm/yyyy (3 Months)

Purpose Intended (Example, PayPal or EBay or Shopping)

VCC must be used within 24 hours from the time it has been delivered to your email or else it will expire due to security restrictions. Read Frequently Asked Questions for more details.

This allows the purchaser to verify their paypal account via credit card, without having to use an actual credit card.

The telephone # for both individuals is the same-877-201-7040.

Conversation:

Male voice-Hello...good evening, uh, good morning/afternoon, liberty coinage,ah,coins.

Me: Good Afternoon(Gave my name).

Me: I would appreciate your address. I would like to forward my want list. I am a collector in MD., and saw your adverstisement on the web.

Male voice whispering to someone in background- he says he wants the address. Then female voice: why?

Male voice- what do you want again?

Me: I repeated myself..

Male voice- and whats your name again?

Me: I gave my name again.

Male voice- and why do you want the address?

Me: I repeated why.

Male voice- a what list?

Me: No, a WANT list.

Male voice whispering to person in background-he wants a want list...

Male voice again-what is your name again?

Me:I repeated my name.

Background female voice-hang up!

Male voice- I really don't know what you are talking about or why you need our address.

Me: You don't know what a want list is?

Male voice- No.

Me: Never mind. I will just move on. Thank You.

End of conversation.

Draw your own unbiased conclusions.

Some more digging. Mr. Mugno was inquiring about purchasing a US bank account from the same website as the virtual credit card.

US Bank Account to Verify Paypal

With the purchase of this BANK ACCOUNT, you will receive a brand new bank account number, a bank routing number and a bank name.This is the same info you will need to submit to PayPal to verify your US PayPal Account. The entire process takes 3-4 working days (excluding weekends). We will receive micro deposits from PayPal which will be sent across to your email. (Note: We take no liability if the buyer fails to approach us asking for these micro-deposits.)Add these micro-deposits to the USA PayPal to complete the verification process and confirm your PayPal Account. The price of this Bank Account will be 30 USD, where we will send:

1# Bank Name2# Bank Account Number3# Bank Account Type4# Bank Routing Number

All the information will be sent to your EMAIL.Add the Bank details to your US PayPal Account and contact us after 3-4 days to get the Micro-Deposits codes to confirm your PayPal Account permanently.Please Note: This bank account can only be used to verify PayPal. You cannot withdraw any funds to it and you do not have any access to online banking.IMPORTANT: Please Leave your Name, Email in the e-Gold Payment MEMO Field. We will send the Bank Account Details to your email only.Technorati Tags: US PayPal, Prepaid visa card, Virtual credit card

dennis mugno, February 23, 2008 8:11 PM

is this service this available??

iam interested in buying a bank account

I have seen no evidence that he is a crook or a coward. You should either prove it or retract your claims and apologize. Prove me wrong.

Mark, as a general statement, I agree. However, as others have done, I did some research on this potential seller and came to the conclusion that I would not be doing business at his/her venue right now.

Mark, as a general statement, I agree. However, as others have done, I did some research on this potential seller and came to the conclusion that I would not be doing business at his/her venue.

Nor will I, James. But, based on the (lack of) information that was presented at the time, I would not have resorted to some of the tactics or language used.

Well at least Jims wild accusations got people investigating.

It also caused at least one of us to defend someone who might or might not have merited defending. And a presentation of facts (the type of which a couple of other posters have utilized) would have accomplished the same thing, but in a more equitable manner.

Reminds me of the boy who cried wolf too many times.

After reckless complaints and lack of reasoning, many will just gloss over or not pay attention. So, even if right on an occasional time, most won't even believe or see it.

I would agree with Mark. While I wouldn't have done business anyway, the style that was used to call it into question was less than optimum and was nothing to base anything on, truly.

The backup information and work done, and presented, by other members, proved the most valuable and showed the issue to be what it appears to be.

This seems to be a problem in todays society, people are afraid to call a duck, a duck, and when somebody else says, look at that duck, everybody says prove it. in the end jimbucks was right, and deserves the credit for pointing that out, he had a gut feeling, based on inconsistencies in the post, enough other people had the same gut feeling, or it would not have been checked into. just because he is vocal, does not mean to discount everything he says, as I have stated before, I agree with alot of what he says, I don't automatically excuse everything around me because, thats the way its always been done, or thats just the way it is. Some of you younger people don't know any different, so thats a valid excuse, but jim is older as am I, and have seen many changes in society, we don't just accept everything at face value. There may be a lesson to be learned here, As Ronald Reagan said "Trust, but verify" JIM, KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOU DO!

This seems to be a problem in todays society, people are afraid to call a duck, a duck, and when somebody else says, look at that duck, everybody says prove it. in the end jimbucks was right, and deserves the credit for pointing that out, he had a gut feeling, based on inconsistencies in the post, enough other people had the same gut feeling, or it would not have been checked into. just because he is vocal, does not mean to discount everything he says, as I have stated before, I agree with alot of what he says, I don't automatically excuse everything around me because, thats the way its always been done, or thats just the way it is. Some of you younger people don't know any different, so thats a valid excuse, but jim is older as am I, and have seen many changes in society, we don't just accept everything at face value. There may be a lesson to be learned here, As Ronald Reagan said "Trust, but verify" JIM, KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOU DO!

I'm no spring chicken (being 58 years old), but I know something about ducks.

It's fine to publicly call a duck, a duck, even without proof. Because if you are mistaken, there is no harm done to the duck. However, without proof, it's not fine, either legally or ethically, to publicly label someone a crook. Because if you are wrong, that person could be seriously harmed.

In this case, the same result would likely have occurred if everyone had dealt with facts, rather than accusations based upon suspicions.

I agree with what you say in theory, however on the net with most people not using names, myself included, it is hard to prove any harm, if you are a legitimate dealer, then upfront you should list all pertinent info. I will say that if jimbucks had kept silent, nobody would have started investigating as rapidly as they did, and some good members here may have been hurt financially. If I recall, the OP stated that some had already contacted him. Hope no purchases were made. He has a few listing on the bay currently.

I agree with what you say in theory, however on the net with most people not using names, myself included, it is hard to prove any harm, if you are a legitimate dealer, then upfront you should list all pertinent info. I will say that if jimbucks had kept silent, nobody would have started investigating as rapidly as they did, and some good members here may have been hurt financially. If I recall, the OP stated that some had already contacted him. Hope no purchases were made. He has a few listing on the bay currently.

I'm not saying that JimBucks should have kept silent, only that he could/should have chosen his words more carefully. And despite your concerns about the net and proving harm, facts were posted by others, which resulted in the listings being removed.

Based on the seller's listed prices on the few items I glanced at, I'd be surprised if he sold anything to any forum members. And I'm still not convinced that he doesn't have access to the items he listed, if he can get the right price for them.

Point taken and I don't disagree with you. As to the prices, I saw 1 coin under a hundred and knew they were not for me, i didn't do any research to see if good or not. But I think the silence from the OP says volumes about whether valid or not

I think more phone calls are in order :D No hours of operation were stated so maybe a few at 3-4am would make for some good negotiating.

okay i was told about this post from a potential customer just now on the phone whiling we in the middle of discussing a purchase.

I know my post on the moneymarket forum looks specious, but please hear me out. I am a salesman at Liberty Gallery, located in NY. Our address is 2050 sunrise hwy, massapequa park, 11762. We aren't afraid to show that information.

One of the first posts in this thread said they called the office, and I know exactly what happened. Me nor the 2 managers were here, and there was a new guy who just started 2 days ago who only picks up the phone at the secretary's desk. The female voice hes talking about is another new saleswoman we hired about a month ago(michelle). Between the both of them, they have no clue how to handle an incoming call, nor do they know what theyre talking about.

Michelle, who you saw copy my exact post, (without my consent), thought it would be a good idea to spam all the coin collector forums with my post. If you look at the dates when she posted them they are all after mine and all in HER name. I put about 3 hours of work into that list that has now been deleted, due to her stupidity.

My plan was to find 1 coin collector message board, and see if I could find anyone interested in our inventory. I AM NOT A CON-ARTIST. I run our eBay account as well, and you can check our feedback. userid: liberygallerycoins (without the T, i know iam an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and miss-typed it).

We are a legit business that has sold thousands of coins in the past year alone. Like I said we offer 30-day refunds on all purchases. If you prefer using a credit card, we have no problem with that. Most of our first time clients do use a cc, because they can easily chargeback the purchase.

Now, towards the post where I (dennis mugno) was trying to buy a bank account # to open a paypal account, if you look at the date, that was back in 2008. 4 year ago... I remember having a problem with my paypal account that was linked to my own bank account where it got limited for a month or so due to some bullcrap on ebay where i sold something, sent it out, and the buyer tried to say i never sent it, and tried scamming me. So I had to look for another way to open a paypal account for my ebay store i was running back then, without having to actually open up a new back account since my only one was linked to the limited paypal account.

Now that is completely irrelevant to what is going on now with my ebay/paypal account. We are verified and have positive feedbacks from buyers and sellers. This is all a huge misunderstanding and I completely agree that my post looked like a con, considering the other factors; with my competitor sales associate trying to copy my idea so she could make sales and there make more commission. Michelle is not in the office right now as I type this, but trust me, I will make her take all those other posts down. I would like to (if you guys&ladies give me a chance) show this and only this collector's forum that I am a legit seller, and show that we do run a completely honest operation out of an office that I addressed above.

I never should have given Michelle the link to my posting, I had no idea she was going to try and spam other forums. I've been apart of forum communities before, thats not the way to earn the trust of the specific forum's members.

All I wanted to do was get involved in this forum with other collectors, and try to find a way to get coins they've been looking for, and we currently have. So far Ive had 4-5 interested buyers that ive kept in contact with, but because of this post most of them have backed off, and i really dont blame them.

Please, not only the moderators, but to the members of this forum, give me a 2nd chance. I will not let any of you down, if we make a deal, you WILL get that coin at the price we AGREED on. I will make sure every collector is 100% satisfied with their coins we sell them.

I just wanted to let you guys see my side of this misled confusion.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

Dennis Mugno