• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo preference

17 posts in this topic

Coin only for me. There's also some editing I've done for others with both the obverse and reverse cropped into the same photo with the label visible in the background. Those are nice too.

Coin only for me. There's also some editing I've done for others with both the obverse and reverse cropped into the same photo with the label visible in the background. Those are nice too.

I've seen those, I agree they are nice, however if you have seen my photos, you know thats a little beyond my talents, ok.....way beyond

I think it depends on the set. NGC gives you two slots for pictures, labeled "Obverse" and "Reverse". For my regular series and type sets, I display high quality images of the obverse and reverse of the coins. Here is an example entry from my type set.

On the contrary, in my custom horse-topical set, I wanted to do something different. In that set I display a "montage" of the horse-side of the coin and a smaller size of the non-horse side of the coin in the "Obverse" slot. I then use the "Reverse" picture slot to present a one or two relevant historical pictures to put the coin in context. Here is an example entry.

Ultimately, you have two slots to play with, do with them what you will. :)

That is fantastic, you need to let more people know what you've done, oh, I guess you did, I'm going to make an effort to look at more of your set, unfortunately, my sets currently are pretty boring, no toners, just white and red coins

I think it depends on the set. NGC gives you two slots for pictures, labeled "Obverse" and "Reverse". For my regular series and type sets, I display high quality images of the obverse and reverse of the coins. Here is an example entry from my type set.

On the contrary, in my custom horse-topical set, I wanted to do something different. In that set I display a "montage" of the horse-side of the coin and a smaller size of the non-horse side of the coin in the "Obverse" slot. I then use the "Reverse" picture slot to present a one or two relevant historical pictures to put the coin in context. Here is an example entry.

Ultimately, you have two slots to play with, do with them what you will. :)

Very nice! :applause:

To hell with coin! Who cares about that anyway? We want those extreme high res close-ups of the doily and gold sticker!

Get to steppin' bub!

jom

How about I post some photos that ended up on my Commanders camera when he asked me to go get his camera for him when I was deployed to iraq? I just hope he didn't mail it home to his parents to develop for him!!! hahaha