• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$10,000 coin

47 posts in this topic

To many choices,to little money.Can you get a Pan Pak for 10,000?

If you are talking about either of the $50 gold slugs, the answer is "No" so far as I know. The worst one I've ever seen was in the inventory of a large Wilmington, Delaware dealer for over a year. From what I've heard it was discovered when a wall was razed in a building. It was really beat to hell, and was in a PCGS "genuine" holder. The asking price was $20,000. The coin is no longer in his case so I don't if it sold or what the final price was.

1794, 1795, 1796 or 1797 half in the highest grade available within the $10k limit. The 1795 is much more common (less rare?) than the other three. A nice 1919-D or 1919-S Walker or any high-grade Charlote gold would be an option, too.

Thats a tough one...

Realisticly, if I were going to spend $10,000 on one coin I would buy an 1858S Twenty dollar Liberty head Double Eagle graded MS60.

Unrealisticly... I would buy an MS70 1921 High Relief Peace dollar... I doubt there is one out there but I like to think someone, somewhere has a stash of high mint state silver dollars sitting in a burried iron trunk.

-Dave

Here's my other example:

The finest 1877 Indian Head that $10K can buy.

When I was a kid, the '77 was always the mythical coin to get, I even had a book geared to kids about it. I still have it somewhere.

That and the 3-Legged Buffalo were the "dream coins" for a kid to own.

16D Mercury dime would be a good purchase I think or just about any other key date coin for that matter. The dime is one I have always wanted to own.

I'd like to spend 10K on a well struck 1927-S Standing Liberty Quarter

with as much head on her as possible in a MS 63-64+ grade.

God knows, I've been looking for years !!!!

Something to look along these lines, would make me VERY happy !!!

accf3ab6.jpg

3ddcdd25.jpg

Lets face it guys, Our wants for the most part far exceeds the limitation of the price.

Wheat

In a way, you are correct but with patience, hard work and time you can achieve much more than you might think.

Plus, then you will appreciate it more.

I will finish my Walker set one day. It may take years but I will do it, even if it's the last thing that I do. ;)

i really like the SLQ answers. These coins have always seemed undervalued to me.

Walkerfan, that looks like a truly nice 19-S -- I think you did well.

I agree that SQLs are both rare and beautiful.

Thanks--re the 19-S.

I also think that you have an amazing WLH set, if you are the same Breakdown from ATS.

Your 19-S is stunning. I have seen the 23-S from the Charles Schultz collection, as well, and it is one of the best that I've seen.