• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Legend Hot Topics featuring a puttied $10 Indian

110 posts in this topic

I can not post ATS. The powers that be (over there) can not handle anything resembling straight talk about their absolutely Machievelian rules of order on that site which promulgates Cool Aid Drinker's behavior, only allowed. As a result, I was banned there for having the temerity of complaining that they lied to me.

I make it a point to not communicate with the few dealers over there, at least the ones who dedicate their lives to treating customers in an obnoxious and rude manner. I have found it nearly impossible to have any sort of intelligent business conversation with many of these people including EVP and others who come over here only to stir the pot. Part of the problem with EVP is that he apparently can not read at the 12th grade level and he likes to shoot the messenger!

The real issue with this hobby is deathlike inertia and political correctness obfuscation regarding making any changes which might help protect collectors from the more egregious and dishonest doctors and dealers in this hobby who would rob us all blind by any means possible. I fully well realise that these dealers are not the majority but they are protected by the majority in several institutionalized blind spots within this hobby which include Coin Doctors and such not being regulated and their more balatent fakes taken out of the market!

I would suggest that Mark and any dealer here who has worked as a grader and has any creative talent, knows that their are ways to make this hobby less suseptible to disgraces like puttying coins and altering surfaces with various chemicals and even facial grease.

Everytime that I mention any of this, all I get is the "kill the messenger" syndrome responses from guiless cranks. This hobby has lost many fine people over the years because they can not find a way to safely assure safety at any level when buying a coin. This even during large national auctions which should be run without excessive worry about being a victim of blatent fakery. This should not happen with those national dealers because they do not police their own auctions and let this stuff float through without control.

WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO THE DIAPERS, DARN IT?

This is torture.

Respectfully, of course

John Curlis

OK, in retrospect, maybe I should not have started this diaper thing. doh!

jom

MJ - shhh. The reality distortion field is at full crank right now.

Just an observation but here you boys are going out of your way one after the other to pile up on him and humiliate him so as to not have to address the substance of his charges and somehow you're expecting we're to translate that as he's the one trying to evade reality. Fascinating...

Just an observation but here you boys are going out of your way one after the other to pile up on him and humiliate him so as to not have to address the substance of his charges and somehow you're expecting we're to translate that as he's the one trying to evade reality. Fascinating...

What's fascinating is that he evades direct questions.

In this thread I honestly dont know a lot about what he is talking about outside of putty is bad. Agreed. You obviously agree with everything he said as stated so it is what it is.

I asked OT3 direct questions and never got a resembalance of an answer. Spin it however you want Kurt.

As for EVP....he is top shelf and I think that sentiment is pretty universal here and ATS.

MJ

Edited for clarity and for a birdie landing on my shoulder and whispering in my ear. Thanks birdie

OK, so I actually went back and read OT3 posts and the only thing outside of "putty bad" that I didn't agree with Mark commented on:

I don't know whom you're speaking of, but your comments certainly sound overly broad and unfair. And I don't think that most of the prolific coin doctors even post here or on the PCGS forum.

My only real experience with a puttied gold coin was when I sold one to a dealer, he came back to me later to say it was puttied (I didn't know), he DID take care of the problem by going to PCGS. They were able to remove the putty and put it back into the holder. I paid for the dealers submission (mostly postage) later on. So I don't know about dealers "ignoring" this problem...it seems to me they aren't...at least not all.

As for EVP....he is top shelf and I think that sentiment is pretty universal here and ATS.

I wholeheartedly agree with this as well.

jom

I'm goint to add my part even though I know nothing about the subject, after an exhaustive bit of research, and contacting his mom, she sent this photo, forgive the fuzziness, its an old, old, poloroid

128388.jpg.bdd38893505d88e01cf8df817eb41d4b.jpg

I'm goint to add my part even though I know nothing about the subject, after an exhaustive bit of research, and contacting his mom, she sent this photo, forgive the fuzziness, its an old, old, poloroid

And now, the question has been answered definitively! :D

And now, the question has been answered definitively! :D

Well, thank God..it wasn't as bad as I thought. This thread could have really taken a nose dive.

lol

jom

My befuddlement over this episode is that OT3 has a problem with me personally and I've no clue why. I've no recollection of having had any interaction with him, aside from the very recent past when decided to make me the poster child of some slight he suffered at some point.

KurtDog - since you seem to be ok with OT3, perhaps you can find out what his exact beef is with me.

EVP

My befuddlement over this episode is that OT3 has a problem with me personally and I've no clue why. I've no recollection of having had any interaction with him, aside from the very recent past when decided to make me the poster child of some slight he suffered at some point.

KurtDog - since you seem to be ok with OT3, perhaps you can find out what his exact beef is with me.

EVP

Perhaps you broke one of his slabs? :baiting:

lol

jom

EVP

"poster child of some slight he suffered..." is it possible you were not wearing diapers, at some point when paths crossed, thus the suffering?

You of course would not have any recollection, being only poster child age.

Please don't jump on me, I did not start this whole diaper thing, I just tried to get answers, as I am doing here.

We can get to the bottom of this. We solved the issue of Mr. Feld, didn't we?

If we work together, I am certain we can move from diapers to Depends.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

EVP

You give me too much credit, EVP, I didn't even know he had a beef with you. I just heard him expressing frustrations and everybody then piling up on him and trying to humiliate him for it.

I used to see that same predictable behavior probably once a week over ATS before I finally sickened of it and decided I'd be better off killing my free time here. Anybody said anything contrary to the status quo and they got lynched. If any of you think OT3 has issues, why don't you respect that and try to work them out with him like an adult? Clear the air, so to speak. Then, let's move on.

These last few pages of this thread are an example of what I thought I left ATS. When it becomes a habit, I'll say good bye, here, too.

Then what are you boys going to do? Ever think of that? :)

Kurtdog,

I think you're being a bit too hasty judging "us" without trying to have proper context. I suggested that you engage with OT3 so you'd get to see first-hand what it's like to deal with him.

As for piling on, I agree in general that that is not good. However, if you re-read this thread carefully, you'll notice that no one disagrees with OT3 over the "putty is bad" sentiment. The disagreements in this thread, as far as I can find, are these: magnitude of damage to hobby; over-generalization of his attacks on dealers ATS (not sure why OT3 even thinks that is relevant); my personal conduct towards him; and, Feld's diapers (meant as a metaphor for OT3's assertion that Feld is a babe in the woods compared to OT3).

Additionally, this is an Internet forum. It is, by nature, messy. When someone posts something, you should expect that someone else will respond. When someone posts, in rapid fire, a bunch of highly opinionated comments, then one should expect a barrage of responses each individually targeting a certain specific opinion. There is no clique piling on OT3; it's just a bunch of disjointed responses.

Finally, OT3 has a well-known habit of going from 0 to 60 in under a second with his emotional posts. He himself causes his good messages to get lost in his bad noises. For example, why'd he make that diaper comment towards Feld? So OT3 is older that Mark Feld. Does advanced years mean that Feld should be disrespected?

I've known and liked Feld since before I enjoyed here. I defended Feld. OT3 then ripped into me.

I submit before all that OT3's conduct has been improper, and that if others feel the same way and expresses so, then that is him reaping what he's sown.

An Internet forum is messy. If one ought to leave just for this reason, then one ought to cease being part of the technology age. Or, one can NOT leave and try to contribute to whatever positives there is to be gained from such a messy place.

EVP

I am now lost, I have been quietly watching this thread and now I have a question. Being older than most of you folks here, does all this mean that if I develop incontinence due to age and have to depend on depends my observations will no longer be valid?

wheat

No, I think that it means, like Mark Feld, you will simply have to post a photo of yourself in diapers, only a current one. Or I can do it for you.

EVP, Go back and read your posts which were directed to me by you, some of which were really badly crafted and insensitive things written to me in a personal vein. You do not even know me. I know the you are from Spokane originally but apparently moving to New Yawk has permanently created some altered state in your brain chemistry! I guess since you think that you are "above the fray" on being polite and trying to understand the other guy's point of view. So you make fun of my english syntax and my ideas which just tells me that you are uneducated and of limited intelligence? You still act like an adolescent! Don't you have any critical thinking skills? I have never gotten an intelligent, on topic, response from you, just harrassment, name calling and stupid personal attacks which are not even effectively thought out and directed at me as a person because you never bothered to know anything about me or even consider how uneducated you sound?

Plus, nearly any of you people (here or ATS) will address the issues which I have forwarded in my postings which tells me that you either lack creative problem solving skills, are clueless or you are part of the problem! Which is it? All you do is having several of you revert to potty talk or making fun of me which I do not have time nor the interest in being part of.

John Curlis, if you would ever ask me a single question which was not rhetorical and nonsensical, I would respond to you! Besides I have responded to you many times and you know that when you asked me a legitimate question which was not about your fixation with potty training, I responded with a considered and appropriate answer! So why are you jumping on me now? It is because you are bankrupt in ideas on this topic and just want to demonstate adolescent behavior and immaturity?

Once in a while there should be a place for some substance of discussion from someone but Mark, which rises above the usual Sophmoric high school rhetoric and crude humor context of this site. Occasionally, when someone bothers to collect their houghts regarding a serious issue in this hobby. That is probably too much to ask on a hobby web site, most of which are centered about the banel and nonessential.

How many serious collectors have quit the hobby of even this site because of this giant waste of time and effort to find anything substantive and at all worth thinking about in discussion here?

Why do folks respond to OT3?

He doesn't seem to be able to contribute effectively and positively around here, and for as long as I've been reading his posts it seems he lives in his own reality-distorted world.

Besides that it is hard for me to picture Mark Feld in diapers....

jom

The thought of Mark Fled in Diapers is disturbing to say the least , more frightening is the thought of having to wipe his !! :censored::grin:

I have had a few puttied Indians all of which were detected by CAC.

I think the problem is more wide spread then many would admit.

One of the puttied coins was only MS 61 , the other was MS 62 and one was MS 63. These were all common date $ 5 gold Indians.

OT3

I have officially given up engaging you after your last post. I will give you a wide berth from now on in this forum and just stay clear of you. No big deal for either of us.I just don't get you.

I practice Yoga and have eliminated most sources of stress from my life. There is no need for me to get a douse of it here. I should know better and I'm upset with myself. That is on me.

Good luck to you and I apologize if anything I have ever said here in your regard bothered you.

MJ

ok saw the photo, question(s), they look good when done? even under magnification? where do they get this stuff? does it have gold in it?

From my understanding it's a lot like bondo and virtually undetectable when applied. It has no gold in it.

MJ

OT3 - I've never been to the US PNW. I think you're confusing me with someone else.

Oh, wait, I've been to Portland, OR, once for an ANA Convention. But, I've never been to Washington State.

EVP