• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 ASE reverse proof

18 posts in this topic

Hey, boardsters! As those who know me know, I've been out of the collecting loop for awhile.

So, what's the word on the new reverse proofs. I made a dandy profit on the gold and silver sets in 2008. What's the buzz on the 2012 RPs?

I just purchased 5 sets 'cause I think they have potential. What say you?

hard to say EZE, the mintage is only limited to however many are ordered in 30 days so that could be pretty high or fairly low.

My guess is these will be mass accumulated by the big dealers and there will never be a huge demand...I am thinking exagerated prices on late night TV.

That being said I will probably pick up at least one set, but since there is no hurry I haven't put in an order yet.

hard to say EZE, the mintage is only limited to however many are ordered in 30 days so that could be pretty high or fairly low.

My guess is these will be mass accumulated by the big dealers and there will never be a huge demand...I am thinking exagerated prices on late night TV.

That being said I will probably pick up at least one set, but since there is no hurry I haven't put in an order yet.

I'm thinking the same. On the other hand, I'm considering purchasing a few sets of the 2012 Silver proof sets. Still waiting for the mint to provide any info regarding 2012 Platinum Eagle release.

Hopefully most will sit on the sidelines and these will close with a lower mintage... :banana:

I picked up two sets in the hopes that I can get a pair of 70's out the four and fill a spot in my ASE collection.

Hopefully most will sit on the sidelines and these will close with a lower mintage... :banana:

(thumbs u

Hey, Jason. Life is really pretty exceptional on my end with the normal, occassional bump.

How's life in the nuclear power lane?

So, have you eaten any alpha-beta radiation soup spiced with fast neutrons chased down with primary reactor coolant water yet? Or is that too old school? hehe

I picked up two sets in the hopes that I can get a pair of 70's out the four and fill a spot in my ASE collection.

I'm on the sidelines right now waiting to see where the mint's "clock" ends up.

Watch the clock here starting tomorrow afternoon: 2012 ASE Set "clock"

That said, it's going to be tough to NOT pick up at least one set. :)

Order 1 set yesterday, but watching the mint count too.

Nowhere near the excitment of the 25th Anniversary set.

OP

Welcome back Vic!! I'm wanting to get at least one set for my collection but at this price I really need to see if they will be worth trying to squeeze the funds out.

Welcome back Vic!! I'm wanting to get at least one set for my collection but at this price I really need to see if they will be worth trying to squeeze the funds out.

Welcome back Vic!! :hi:

That is nearly the entire run of the 25th anniversary set in one day.

I think this will be known as the "affordable" reverse proof.

Good to see you Victor! I wouldn't plan your retirement on these, but I plan to get 1 or 2, thoguht I might forget!!

Yeah, I'm planning on getting one set, but potentially a second the day before sales end for flippage in a decade. I like ASEs and don't want to be missing something like this from my set.

I placed an order for five sets so that I could send them in for certification. Just so that I could hopefully add a perfect 70 set to my collection. However if I notice 300000+ sets sell I will cancel my order and purchase a 70 set off of ebay or off the net somewhere