• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peace Dollar Opinions

12 posts in this topic

Got these in old fatty holders, not originally with the intent to send them for regrade. Now that I have been looking at them, Im starting to be tempted. Anyone think they have a shot? Should they stay in their current holder or not?

Peace Dollar Set

They look attractive, though I can't help but think the white balance is a bit off. The certification numbers appear to indicate that these pieces have the hologram on the reverse and are not in the heat-stamp holders. Is this correct?

Tough pics to make a call with, the white balance looks to be off. Imo the 24 will not upgrade due to the obv marks, and unless its one of the rare old holders would'nt even bring a premium for the holder. The others look to be at least a 50/50 shot.

With the large premiums that CAC gold stickers carry, I would submit them to CAC instead. The only time it is worth a regrade rather than submitting to CAC (in my opinion) is when you feel the coin is undergraded by at least two points and there is a huge difference in price. For common dates and non-rare items, you would probably maximize your profits with a CAC gold sticker.

Leave as is or submit to CAC. The cost to resubmit is not really worth the change in value from MS64 to MS 65. Also it is nice to have them in the old Fatty holder.

They look attractive, though I can't help but think the white balance is a bit off. The certification numbers appear to indicate that these pieces have the hologram on the reverse and are not in the heat-stamp holders. Is this correct?

When viewing coin holders online, if the holder is not "white" then the color balance is off. If the digital image is properly exposed for the lighting, then the color of the holder will be white. Considering the images listed above, the holders have a yellow cast, therefore may have been exposed with tungsten lighting while the camera was set for daylight.

You are quite correct about the white balance.

D.

Leave as is or submit to CAC. The cost to resubmit is not really worth the change in value from MS64 to MS 65. Also it is nice to have them in the old Fatty holder.

Right on. I agree completely.

I think the 25 is your best bet for an up grade. Nice looking Peace dollars.... (thumbs u

yeah, that 1925 looks very clean and original with nice frost.