• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1963 Sample Slab

11 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone

I have been saying that samples are becoming very expensive and they are.

But I also have been saying there are bargains out there if you take the time and look.

Well I just won this sample for under $4.00 and the funny thing is I had forgot I even bid on it.

Like I have been saying they are selling so fast that they do get missed. I have been seeing these same type of samples selling for around $30.00 . So keep looking they are out there.

Sorry for the bad picture it is not mine

All the best

Alan

KGrHqJnoE9fq0MonBPlwuBYjnQ60_58-1-1.jpg

KGrHqJoQE9fivOIzPBPlwuszU060_58-1-1.jpg

nice pick up, it's hard to tell by those pictures but it looks like there might be some nice toning on the top edge of the coins obverse.

nice sample slab - I keep looking for some nice double die or other valuable coin in their free sample slab giveaways, or mechanical error with the wrong date - but have not found it yet, although an underbidder on a dime that did not have the D listed.

it's hard to tell by those pictures but it looks like there might be some nice toning on the top edge of the coins obverse.

No line fattie holder, silver dime,that type of toning is VERY commonly seen. The paper of the label would react with the coin and cause them to tone.

Thanks Everyone

I am very happy to have this sample and at what they are selling for I got real lucky.

Al the best

Alan