• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks "original" to me, does it look original to you?

19 posts in this topic

I don't think it has been cleaned, whizzed, or altered in any way, but I do not care for the black "crud." I am always careful with copper because what can appear to be benign foreign debris on a coin could end up being corrosive. I don't think the black stuff is corrosive, but I would have passed on it just the same.

I think youll be fine. There is still some crud in the devices and it doesnt look cleaned.

The "crud" is why I purchased it. :hi:

No returns but................meh! I'll give an update after I recieve the coin.

I think youll be fine. There is still some crud in the devices and it doesnt look cleaned.

No returns but................meh! I'll give an update after I recieve the coin.

Just an FYI - there are always returns. If the coin is not as described, PayPal will almost always rule in your favor if you are only asking for a refund of the original purchase price.

I don't think it has been cleaned, whizzed, or altered in any way, but I do not care for the black "crud." I am always careful with copper because what can appear to be benign foreign debris on a coin could end up being corrosive. I don't think the black stuff is corrosive, but I would have passed on it just the same.

It's what...........142 years old?

It's the only 2 cent piece that I need (besides the '67 DDO) to complete my set.

It might be a keeper or it might be a .................... doh!

Thanks again,

Ray

It looks terrific to me! And I'm glad there are other folks out there who appreciate dirty coins like I do.

looks like a nice eye appealling coin to me

and as original as you can get

also it is a much scarcer date in the 2 cent piece series

I am with the nice coin guys on this. The one spot at 7:00 o'clock is a concern buy acetone and not oil may get some of it. Better date and in good condition generally, I like it.