• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1893-P Morgan Dollar (UPDATE! Video added!)

16 posts in this topic

I need more info on your pic-

Is this a scan? the reason I ask is I see no luster

I can imagine a CH BU PL surface with interesting toning just as easy as I can imagine an overdipped lusterless XF detailed coin that did not have dip residue washed off or neutralized.

ditto with your other coin

I'd go EF40 with details. There is too much wear in the hair and no feathers left on the eagle brest .... the spotting is my greatest concern as that might body-bag it it it can't be removed

Oh this coin looks soooooo different in-hand!!! I would say AU is spot on, and I'm uber excited about a potential development! What other type of coins has grouping of organic milky like spotting? Video & pics when I get access to my desktop!

The coin is not a proof; look at the rims. Your Youtube video further supports the majority's conclusion that the surfaces have been tampered with in some way. I would say it has been cleaned. I estimate that the coin is worth approximately VF+ to EF pricing.