• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bye!!

81 posts in this topic

Well it has been 3 weeks since I last posted. I needed to take care of some things in my life.

Well today was a slow day at work and I got off at noon. I spent a few hours reading post that

I had missed. I soon discovered I no longer care for this place. This place has really changed

since I first joined and I really don't care for what it has become. What happened to education

and learning more about this wonderful hobby. There is far to many bashing post of people or the

coins that they bought or thinking of buying. People should be able to collect what they like.

Just because you don't collect it doesn't mean you have to look down on people that do.

So I decided this will be my last post. Bye everyone!!

Well it has been 3 weeks since I last posted. I needed to take care of some things in my life.

Well today was a slow day at work and I got off at noon. I spent a few hours reading post that

I had missed. I soon discovered I no longer care for this place. This place has really changed

since I first joined and I really don't care for what it has become. What happened to education

and learning more about this wonderful hobby. There is far to many bashing post of people or the

coins that they bought or thinking of buying. People should be able to collect what they like.

Just because you don't collect it doesn't mean you have to look down on people that do.

So I didn't decided this will be my last post. Bye everyone!!

You must be reading different threads than the ones I read. I see very little of the type of posts that you described. Sorry you feel that way.

I'm with Mark. I haven't seen alot of that but I haven't been on here a lot in the past few weeks. I'm really sorry to see you go Jaime!

And Chris1976, I'm not understanding your sig line either. Have I been missing something the past few weeks? I haven't been able to get in depth on some of the threads, but what I've seen hasn't been what's being described. Sorry to see any of our members go, this has always been the sleepy hollow that I've enjoyed for years!

This is being totally blown out of proportion with people 'leaving' or wanting to be 'deleted'.

I have seen no 'bashings' of late but just honest opinions, which I would EXPECT.

I wouldn't want someone to tell me that they like my coin when they DON'T just to stroke my ego.......what good is that??

Sorry that you feel that way.

I like it here and ALL the forum members, too.

I agree with walkerfan.

I would rather have someone tell me the truth rather than lie to me to make me feel better.

Maybei didnt see something than someone else has.

Maybe I didnt know something.

Since joining this cmmunity I have learned more useful information than the 3 years of going inand out of local shops.

Ill be cominh back tomorrow

Nick

If you want to leave then just do so. There is no need to be all dramatic about it and make announcements about your departure. Seems like a desperate attention grab to me.

Want to go? Go. There will still be plenty of good threads here without you... none of us is so important that the boards would disintegrate without us. Some of us realize that, others not so much.

With regards to politeness and tact, I find the NGC boards a breath of fresh air compared to the PCGS boards.

Best Wishes to all of you who are going.

If you want to leave then just do so. There is no need to be all dramatic about it and make announcements about your departure. Seems like a desperate attention grab to me.

Want to go? Go. There will still be plenty of good threads here without you... none of us is so important that the boards would disintegrate without us. Some of us realize that, others not so much.

PRECISELY why we are leaving.. meet us at PN ↓

You mentioned and posted a link to your site. Yet on your own site, you posted the following:

"You may put a link to a website in your signature, but members seen advertising or posting links to another website will be warned and have their posts removed."

Your ridiculous plugs on a daily bases are PRECISLEY why I would never join your site............. that and the fact that I dont feel like talking about AG seated dimes all day

You mentioned and posted a link to your site. Yet on your own site, you posted the following:

"You may put a link to a website in your signature, but members seen advertising or posting links to another website will be warned and have their posts removed."

yes i think its very rude that they are advertising another website here.

i clinked on the link bc i didnt know what it was and then almost gagged. lol

Your ridiculous plugs on a daily bases are PRECISLEY why I would never join your site............. that and the fact that I dont feel like talking about AG seated dimes all day

:roflmao:

With regards to politeness and tact, I find the NGC boards a breath of fresh air compared to the PCGS boards.

This and what Mark said. I don't see it being bad here at all...I'm FAR more comfortable posting here. It's not even close.

Sorry to see anyone leave.

jom

I'm really kinda miffed by all this leaving garbage. I do agree, if you're going to go, just go. Any announcement is just a cry for friends to beg you not to.

As far as ANY advertising of a site which essentially competes for readers is just wrong but if you cannot figure that out on your own, being told so won't change anything.

Finally, regarding coming here to learn and discuss coins purchased or about to be purchased, that's a two way street.

I agree but hope you guys change your minds. Guess I missed whatever would make someone wish to leave.

+2 :facepalm:

I don't know what they are upset about, but I always thought half the fun between collector buddies was telling each other that how crazy we thought the other was for the coins we bought... you paid how much???? It all boils down to we like what we like and if we can't discuss all aspects of collecting then we need to be doing something else. Farewell to those who are leaving. Now lets get back to talking collecting, buying and general coin BS

Take care, Jaime. It was good to get to know you. I feel exactly the same way. I've requested that my account be deleted.

It is too bad that the old gang is all breaking apart.

All the best,

Augustus

oh the horror!

:hi:

atleast i can un-ignore your account now.

Take care, Jaime. It was good to get to know you. I feel exactly the same way. I've requested that my account be deleted.

It is too bad that the old gang is all breaking apart.

All the best,

Augustus

oh the horror!

:hi:

atleast i can un-ignore your account now.

There's no need to be sarcastic or rude.

I can kind of relate in that the first couple of weeks I was here there was a verbal war between several member which almost made me delete the board link from my favorites list... (remember the dreaded slab water torture test?) I stuck it out though and soon everything became much more acceptable discussions (at least in my mind). So I guess the word of caution would be to think about your post and how it might look to someone that hasn't been to the site before. Of course none of this explains a long timer like Schatzy leaving....I am not sure what pushed his button, but I am sorry to see him go.

Hey, this is not cool! I think very highly of Jaime, and while I do not know or pretend to understand the gist of his disgruntlement with the forum, I wish him the best and hopefully someday all can be remedied and he can return. For my part, he will be welcome.

I, too, have not noticed a great amount of hazing, coin degradation, or member's squabbling that would bring this about.

I do not know Chris or Augustus, but if more than one is leaving us, I would appreciate an explanation. For all the enjoyment and learning that has occurred in the last years on the forum, surely you feel some loyalty to NGC for providing this forum and that, I would think, would precipitate an explanation beyond what was given.

Regardless, I hope good things happen for you, Jaime.

Jim

Posters & collectors come and go...but it always saddens me to see one of the regulars take the high road to freedom. Live long and prosper Schatzy.