• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Color

59 posts in this topic

robec that is STUNNING.

coinman, that is a 1594 Polish 3 Groschen piece. Pictured is King Sigismund Vasa III King of Poland and Sweden, Grand Duke of Lithuania, Ruthenia, Prussia, Masovia, Samogitia and Livonia. My family traces back through Catherine Jagellonica of Poland (his first wife) so the piece has special significance to me.

While the coin itself is far from rare the color is simply electrifying in hand and really quite unique. It was bought raw and graded MS65 and secured through one of my favorite dealers.

Below is a painting of King Vasa. FYI he sucked as a King and some say he brought down the Polish Empire. Poland ruled the European roost up until the the early 1600's.

MJ

1331520915.jpg

robec that is STUNNING.

coinman, that is a 1594 Polish 3 Groschen piece. Pictured is King Sigismund Vasa III King of Poland and Sweden, Grand Duke of Lithuania, Ruthenia, Prussia, Masovia, Samogitia and Livonia. My family traces back through Catherine Jagellonica of Poland (his first wife) so the piece has special significance to me.

While the coin itself is far from rare the color is simply electrifying in hand and really quite unique. It was bought raw and graded MS65 and secured through one of my favorite dealers.

Below is a painting of King Vasa. FYI he sucked as a King and some say he brought down the Polish Empire. Poland ruled the European roost up until the the early 1600's.

MJ

1331520915.jpg

Good stuff!

(thumbs u

44-D_Merc_Obv_Seller.jpg

robec that is STUNNING.

MJ

1331520915.jpg

Thanks for posting the historical information; I find the historical aspect enthralling.

Some great coins here people! I especially like the '29 Half Cent. The Classic Head is one of my favorite designs. I'm on the cusp of buying a nice one as we speak. If we reach a deal, it will be posted on this thread soon.