• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Numismatic Box of 20 round 2

27 posts in this topic

It has been a little over a year since I posted my "Numismatic box of 20" so I thought I would revise the box and include some new purchases acquired over the course of the year. I don't know about the rest of you but I always have a difficult time picking my favorite coins? Don't get me wrong I still like them all or I wouldn't have purchased them but my favorite one week is usually different the next week or even the next day. So rather than trying to decide which coins to add and subtract from my "original" box I just opted to do Box II

1776-Continental-dollar.jpg

1787-Fugio.jpg

nb20-greenback.jpg

nb20-greenback-deuce.jpg

1796-b2-copy.jpg

1807-db-half-dollar.jpg

nb20-rainbow-ace.jpg

nb20-rainbow-deuce.jpg

j67mgm.jpg

58.jpg

nb20-toombstone.jpg

nb20-black-eagle.jpg

1811mgm.jpg

1813-mgm.jpg

nb20-pokerchip.jpg

nb20-porthole.jpg

1825-capped-bust-quarter.jpg

1907-wire-indian.jpg

nb-20-100-frn.jpg

nb20-battleship.jpg

1889-mgm.jpg

1836-mgm.jpg

It’s funny how if you follow a collector, especially one that you admire, you begin to learn how they change over time.

For years I always looked at Boiler as a pattern collector, and only that. Then issued coins started to appear in his posts. Now I see a slight shift to currency.

Boiler, can you talk to those changes that have come to you as a collector?

As always a real treat!

I'm new to collecting and couldn't afford the Proverbial, Pot To Pi** In, If ya know what I mean, but I really like the Older 2 Dollar Bills. There's something about the Civil War Era, that really gets me going.

I really think there should be a Free Raffle for one of any of these Top 20 Specimens. Anyone Agree??? :)

J3.....

Just re visited this thread again and I'm still blown away..............MJ