• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congrats to Brandon (BRG5658) for the Most Creative Custom Set

20 posts in this topic

WOW!

Congratulations Brandon with the award! :headbang::whee:

It's truly amazing horse-themed set and I'm proud that your set have my ex-Lithuanian coin!

Great coins with great history lessons!!

Congratulations Brandon,

It was an absolute pleasure to view this set. I clicked on the slideshow, saw a fantastic coin, and then waited on the edge of my seat for the next slide which showed the inspiration for the coin design. Then I repeated that process over and over and over. I can't begin to tell you how impressed I was by this collection and presentation. BRAVO!

(worship)

Having said that, I have an inspirational photo for a coin that you need to add to your collection this year. ;)

200484Monument-Dedicated-to-General-Lafayette-1757-1834-1899-1907-Posters.jpg

What are you goals for expanding this collection this year?

Hi guys, thanks for the praise, and for the many positive comments. It has been a true joy building this set. I was actually surprised by the award quite a bit, it is an honor to be recognized by NGC, and I was a "newbie" having started the set only in April 2011.

Lehigh, to answer your question, I do have a few obvious missing horses. The Lafayette commemorative is among my top "want" list, as well as another Civil War token design and the Australian 1934-35 Melbourne Florin. I've also had the 1913A German 2 or 3 mark Centennial of Napoleon Defeat designs on my list for quite some time. There are many many others, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Thanks again guys for the kind words.

-Brandon

Brg,

Love the set! That Trans Mississippi Expo Medal is bad and one of my favorites!

Maybe a 1 Niara? (shrug)

IMG_20111127_200358.jpg

Nick

Hi Nick,

I have a 2 Naira Nigerian representative, it just isn't in plastic yet. :)

For any interested, I actually have a somewhat large group of ungraded horses floating around also, see link here.

119913.jpg.3a521cb354a8b75ae0f0219fa67cf095.jpg

Yeah I like that 2 Niara, glad to see it in the mix, thanks for the link to the raw ones. Thats a pretty amazing set, well deserving of the award.

Nick

Brilliant work Brandon!! I have really enjoyed watching your set expand and get better with every coin.