• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone ever seen a toned silver bar before?

50 posts in this topic

No, you are again making a false claim to start a fight.

I have never before seen a toned silver bar, FYI.

Don't say it without proof or you'll just get dragged across the ground.

Are you a paid advertiser for their overpriced junk?

It's one of Noow's many friends.

jom

Are you a paid advertiser for their overpriced junk?

Nope. In fact,

"I am not a paid advertiser"

Feel free to sue me if you think this statement is false.

Toned silver bars are not unusual and most bullion stackers will not pay any premium for the toning.

Alright, thanks for the info, thats what I needed to know :)

No, you are again making a false claim to start a fight.

I have never before seen a toned silver bar, FYI.

Don't say it without proof or you'll just get dragged across the ground.

grow up

they aren't rare, they don't command a premium, and I'm not trying to start a fight. You continue to SPAM junk from that same website that I am starting to think you must be affiliated with.

You asked a question, I gave an answer. I own a few toned silver bullion bars, they are worth the same as the bright silver ones. 10 seconds of searching you would find numerous ones for sale.

I don't need to PROVE anything to you. You post with such a smug "matter of fact tone" when you think you know something and turn around and post questions that my 11 year old son asks. Either you want your questions answered or you just want to SPAM and act like you already know everthing...either way I am done with you. Mark that down as another one who will ignore you.

BTW, you are more than welcome to come try and "drag me across the ground" anytime in person. I don't appreciate threats annonomously posted on the internet, they don't make you a man.

He's gonna cry and post another "You have been reported to the moderator" for each person.

His "reports to the mods" must be at least equal, if not more, to his posts on the forum :blahblah:

guys let me give u some advice

you are just feeding him.

trust me.

Well, we can sigh a bit as he has been banned for 2 weeks for continued trolling. When he returns, I expect the same old same old. Time will tell.

I agree it is an odd item. As these slabs have a red/orange tone they are described as "Each bar has a Fiery Orange Red toning, giving the eerie feeling of the destruction of the World Trade Center."

Odd mindset. Helluva selling point. :sick:

Two weeks without noow.... ah, another breath of fresh air. I'm pushing Arch hard for a perma-ban - and you should too!
:applause:

Thank God!!

Ummm, just a minor observation- and not intended to trample on the Rights of all to voice their thoughts-God made the individual in question......

Respectfully,

John Curlis

I have to concur with Mr. Curlis. I am not here to defend or crticize anyone - I want to make that clear. With regard to the "individual" in question, I fully understand there was some sincere attempt to scramble various posts and maybe even a desire to agitate other board members. Rather than replying to the "individuals" posts, I was hoping we would all just ignore him. It is my observation by responding to the posts in question, we may have really squelched some quality responses from other board members who may have seriously had the same questions or were looking for quality replies to the subject of the specific post. I think it may have been a bit intimidating to other potential posters to write anything related to the subject post for fear they were going to get "jumped on" just like the "individual".

Here is my hope for the future: If, and when, the "individual" returns, lets just not reply at all to what ever is posted. Try to refrain and give others a chance to maybe add some real value to the post. I for one, do not know everything about our great hobby and I am always looking to others to gain additional knowledge. If you don't like a post, it is incorrect, or just plain irrelevant, can we all try to let it slide next time and just see what happens?

I would think that NGC would get tired of him spamming this website over and over again!
i guess when thier sick and tired of being sick and tired theyll do something about it :) give it time

Thank God!!

Ummm, just a minor observation- and not intended to trample on the Rights of all to voice their thoughts-God made the individual in question......

Respectfully,

John Curlis

John,

Even God has been known to make a mistake or two.....

This individual in question often went out of his way to harass others in PMs and make threats when none should have been done. People can coddle others and some will grow, others won't.

Also, while I generally believe in ignoring a pain and moving on, sometimes if you ignore the start of something, then like cancer, it can increase and increase until it has gone too far. He wasn't about learning. He was about attention and growing worse and worse to get what he wanted.

Slabs are not impermeable. He didn't want to listen to that and wanted to tell people that slabs were watertight. Anyone new and trying to find info may find that and be unpleasantly surprised, and blame a TPGS.

As a recipient of PM'ed threat, I am happy he is gone. As a board reader, I am glad he is gone.

I lived through the flame boards of the early 80's. I eventually got so disgusted that I dropped membership to those boards. Personally, I don't have time for people flaming each other. I am VERY new to this forum as you all know. I joined to further my education on numismatics, not to become embroiled in a virtual soap opera. I have appreciated the advice and tips everyone here has had to share. I also appreciate the mod taking action to squelch what seems to be the common denominator to these exchanges, although I am saddened that it was apparently required. I personnally agree with Jim Beam; if it's an offensive thread ignore it and the individual. If the rationale for the thread was trying to get attention, don't supply it.

Personally, I don't have an issue with this individual, but that possibly is because I am so new and uneducated on the forum and coins in general. I just hope this all goes away before I burn out and look for another source of information. For the most part I have found people here to be knowledgeable and helpful in my attempt to learn more about the hobby.

Just my thoughts and opinion, both of which are probably worth less than what you just paid for them.