• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 Goals

32 posts in this topic

Just curious about what you all might have for goals in the upcoming year?

I would like to try and complete the first page in my 7070 album. It won't be an easy task as I am becoming more and more picky lately. What's your goals?

Liberty Nickel series completion with the final date 1912 S in MS63 or better.

1888 upgrade to 65

1904 upgrade to 66

1995 W ASE PF69 set complete

work on my type set

CHeers

OP

I would like to accomplish at least two of the following:

1. To purchase a certified Matte Proof Lincoln Cent, RB or RD with attractive color;

2. To purchase another overdate Buffalo Nickel, preferably in mint state or as high of grade as finances permit;

3. To purchase a Charlotte or Dahlonega gold coin, probably in VF or so, but I would love to track down a nice EF40 or AU+ example;

4. Another monster rainbow toned peace dollar or a full proof-like example;

5. To purchase another proof-like coin probably from the Bust series, or from an esoteric denomination;

In reality, I would be thrilled to accomplish any one of these.

I don't really make bigs goals with my collection as usually something always messes that up. lol But I would like to attempt a couple things.

I'd like to complete my birthyear set.

I also have 2 jeffersons left to complete my 1950-date Proof Registries.

I don't really make bigs goals with my collection as usually something always messes that up. lol But I would like to attempt a couple things.

Did you ever find your 1959 NGC PR67 CAM Half Dollar?

I'd like to be at least 77% complete in my Early Walker Set and I will do it THIS year. That feels like REAL progress to me----over three-quarters (3/4) finished. :whee:

Where are you at now?

And...will you get the fully stuck 19-D? hm

jom

These goals all sound like fun, good luck to everyone!

I will be focusing on continuing the 100 Greatest U.S. Modern Coins set. I'd like to complete the set as much as possible, realizing it'll never be 100% complete. Should be a fun mission for the next few years though. =)

Just curious about what you all might have for goals in the upcoming year?

One is the same, miserable stinking goal I've had the last two years at least: to finally, FINALLY, FINALLY get myself a nice 1936-D quarter in TRUE GEM.

Also, since I'm down to only the toughest issues for my year-by-year run of proof coins, I think I'll bite off on at least one of the proof Buffalo nickels this year.

And also, I need to restructure my run of bust half-dollars. My goal has been to shoot for nice EF/AU examples, and that is tough enough as it is, but since I long ago gave up on an Overton set, I need to rethink my strategy on what varieties to include.

Did you ever find your 1959 NGC PR67 CAM Half Dollar?

Nope, that's the last coin to complete my set. It seems to be fairly rare to find. With Christmas and all anyway I'm bac to saving up for it again. lol

Still looking for that 1885 3CN in mint. Watching one atm which is a plus seeing as I don't see them on sale often.

Work on my 7070 only need 3 coins to complete the album (non-gold part) but have a LOT that need to be upgraded.

I forgot to add the inevitable temptings that arrive in my email box from Coinguy1 :cool:

I have picked up a number of great coins that piqued my interest after reading Mark's descriptions, and seeing the picture. (thumbs u

They're very entertaining too!

All the best for 2012

OP

1.keep working on my pf 70 kennedy collection, try to fill at least one hole a month with a 70.

2.start a ike collection or two

3 keep working on my pf Eagles

growing up a teenager in the 70's, I am a little partial to the ikes and kennedys, i know there is no big demand for the ikes and jfks, but that is what makes coin collecting great, to each his own.

Happy New Year everybody !! hope you guys meet or exceed your goals for 2012

Continue with the Bust sets I'm doing....with the date set of CBHs being the primary.

Also, finding a bust quarter that I find attractive would be nice....for once.

jom

I'd like to be at least 77% complete in my Early Walker Set and I will do it THIS year. That feels like REAL progress to me----over three-quarters (3/4) finished. :whee:

Where are you at now?

And...will you get the fully stuck 19-D? hm

jom

65% at the moment.

As for the 19-D, I'd be happy just to find a decent one.

Fully Struck? No way----I don't have that kinda $$$!

I want to make some good progress filling up my UNC silver Roosevelt dime and Merc Whitmans.

Those can both be nice sets, good luck with them (I mean this sincerely).

Agree.... especially a rainbow roosie set Cheap and pretty.

I want to make some good progress filling up my UNC silver Roosevelt dime and Merc Whitmans.

Those can both be nice sets, good luck with them (I mean this sincerely).

Agree.... especially a rainbow roosie set Cheap and pretty.

Thanks guys :)

wow, look at all the love in this room! Not sure if I should throw up or prepare for the end of the world!

Nick

:sick: koombaya....koombaya

My goal for this year is to upgrade my silver proof 2010 Nat. Parks quarters from 69's to 70's (simple to do, just need to free up funds again) and aquire the 2012 proof quarters in 70's once they are available and have funds open for the purchase.

Other than that, I plan to continue working on my US anniversary set consisting of coins from 1776, 1876 and 1976. This is just a small personal collection that means alot to me as three of the coins (1976 Silver Mint State issues) were given to my mother on my birthday (july 4rh 1976) while in the hospitol by Gerald R Ford in Grand Rapids Michigan.

-Chris#2

My goals for 2012:

1. Finish my small cent type set. I just need an 1859 Flying Eagle cent and then it's finished, at least until I start upgrading pieces.

2. Keep working on my complete set of Lincoln cents. I started with some of the harder ones so maybe it will be easier and less expensive from here.

3. Keep working on my basic U.S. type set. Long way to go...

Happy collecting in 2012!

My goals for 2012:

1. Finish my small cent type set. I just need an 1859 Flying Eagle cent and then it's finished, at least until I start upgrading pieces.

2. Keep working on my complete set of Lincoln cents. I started with some of the harder ones so maybe it will be easier and less expensive from here.

3. Keep working on my basic U.S. type set. Long way to go...

Happy collecting in 2012!

CC--In response-

1-upgrading is always the fun part after all the hard work is done. IMHO (thumbs u

2-I used the SAME strategy on my Walkers and it has served me well so far.......I may start purchasing some less expensive middle-later dates, too.

3-PATIENCE is key and is something that I don't have lol but am learning (I may never fully learn PATIENCE but am trying). The prohibitive cost forces you to be that way (patient) and, hopefully, to make BETTER choices.

Happy Collecting to you and everyone else, too!!!

My goals for 2012 are rather simple (although daunting):

1) Learn more about grading... I feel woefully inadequate currently.

2) Organize my current collection... boxes stacked on boxes doesn't seem to be the best way of enjoying my collection

3) Catalog what I have! I inherited a box of coins that was started by my grandmother in the early 1900's... for the most part, I don't even know what all is in those boxes. (two boxes that each weigh about 50 lbs)