• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Was your ASE 25th box form the mint damaged ??

19 posts in this topic

Just got mine today and the tape was torn on one end, the seal was still good across the top. I was just wondering if anybody else had similar issues,

I shipped it off to NGC for grading about an hour ago. I hope the tear on the end of box doesnt mess it up for the 25th label..and yes, there was definitely something loose in my box !!

Mine was ok except I had a couple of the eagles loose inside the display box. Didn't hurt them tho'. They fit pretty tightly inside thier individual slots so it would take a pretty good drop to knock them out.

My 3 sets came today in a very strangely packaged box. It is actually 2 smaller boxes taped together to make a bigger box. It is undamaged however, now the only question is what to do with it...lol.

I received my 2 sets today, and they were well packaged, with not even one coin out of place, best packaging job from the mint since the last anniversary set!

Pretty much every capsule in every one of my five sets was loose. The box was obviously dropped on the corner. 2 of the sets have the plastic capsules chipped. On one the chips and cracks in the capsules are so bad I am going to have to replace them with Airtites or some other capsules. Fortunately none of the coins were loose and seem no worse for wear.

Just made me sick to my stomach opening them up and seeing all the capsules moved around.

Still to be determined, but apparantly my box was so damaged that likely UPS repackaged it and I don't even know yet if there are coins in the box at all.

mtnstyne, I have seen some crappy boxes sent out and yours takes the cake. I just thought mine was bad, at least I know mine had coins in it because I could hear them rattling, fingers crossed they stay in the capsules on their journey to florida !! I hope somebody stands up and takes credit for your debacle of a box..keep us posted

I was sweating it out the past few days. I recieved a 5 set box from a seller who bought them from the mint and she didn't put that box inside another. She just covered the Mint label with the one she made for me and forwarded it on. When I recieved it one corner was nearly slit all the way down the side and I could see the blue boxes inside. Also the tape on the top was loose.

So I shipped it to NGC anyway inside another box of course and this afternoon I got the good news that they are set for grading, Yea!! Well done NGC

Still to be determined, but apparantly my box was so damaged that likely UPS repackaged it and I don't even know yet if there are coins in the box at all.

One of the "handlers" was a bit aggressive with it...

25thann.jpg

One of the "handlers" was a bit aggressive with it...

25thann.jpg

That made my morning! Thanks