• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?

51 posts in this topic

I was planning on buying 10,000 shares of the Intel IPO, but I changed my mind. I think they should send me all of the past stock dividends just because I was considering it.

Chris

lol That's about it. :signfunny:

Sets got shipped off to NGC this morning. Maybe I will get lucky enough to get one set of 70's just so I can show them they were worth much more then $600 and they are not getting that money either.

"I was going to buy the sets, but I decided not to. Just wait until the sets go for $1,000 , and you can give the $700 extra to me, just to be fair."

---

I would say- I am going to get tham graded. Just to be fair, since you made me order them, just send me the grading and shipping costs for the 5 coins and then we can close the deal. Also, send me $300 to make up for the money I used to buy the set.

:devil:

I noticed how you used the term "former friend". Coincidence? In any event, you do not owe them squat.

The older bother and I were good friends at one point. Things happened and no longer friends but I was still close with the rest of the family or at least some of them until this.

If that had happened to me, I wouldn't bother playing games with it. I would put a reply to them that is very clear and concise and state the facts.

1) You were given the opportunity on XXXXX this date to be part of the purchase.

2) You never sent me the money, as agreed you would do for your set.

3) On XXXXXX this date you contacted me and said that, despite the previous emails, you did not want the set due to the price and you refused to pay your share.

4) I was left covering any and all debt incurred for the purchase, which, since it was on my card and was my order, I was obligated to the USMint to do. I stand by my responsibilities and commitments.

5) On XXXXX this date, you contacted me, after seeing what sets were selling for in the aftermarket, and demanded money....the difference of what sets were selling for and the amount that you were supposed to have paid and did not.

At no time did I discuss selling the sets when I was purchasing them. Nor was it discussed that you would be entitled to any amount if they were sold, as you had reneged earlier and are not part of this set anymore.

Sincerely,

Pound Sand

I for one, am glad you brought this up......

I had MEANT to order one of these sets for myself. Since I had gotten busy that day, I was unable to order.....So, that fact remains, one of you was able to get a set because I didn't order one.

All right, come clean.....Which one of you owes me the three hundred ?......OK, you can make it two-eighty.......

Paul

I thought that there was nobody worse than the people who ordered for sheer profit but $300 for somebody that didn't even get a set.

So if somebody invited me to go with them to buy a lottery ticket and I buy one and win a million dollars then I should give them $500,000 as I wouldn't have bought the ticket otherwise?

If you did order five sets then you received them all and once you opened it to give them a set then 15 out of 25 coins do not qualify for the special label.

Tell them that you'll send them a check right away and that they should wait by the mail box for it. :devil:

I don't know if I would do that.One of my electives in College was Business Law. There was an actual case where two friends were drinking in a bar. One was upset with his house and told the friend that he would sell him the house and quoted a price. The friend took him to court and got the house for that price,

Send them an Email that you will send a check for $300 and................................

I thought that there was nobody worse than the people who ordered for sheer profit but $300 for somebody that didn't even get a set.

So if somebody invited me to go with them to buy a lottery ticket and I buy one and win a million dollars then I should give them $500,000 as I wouldn't have bought the ticket otherwise?

If you did order five sets then you received them all and once you opened it to give them a set then 15 out of 25 coins do not qualify for the special label.

Close but they are not asking for half they are asking for the difference. In the example you gave (using there "logic") they would be asking $999,999 the difference in what you paid and won.

Today I got a email saying they think I need to pay them $300 for there set they never paid me for. There logic if you can call it that is that the sets are going to $600+ so I could sale it and get my money back and should give them the extra $300 because "if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have and extra set to sale so I shouldn't make money on them"

It's "their set", not "there set". Also, it's "their logic", not "there logic". And finally "so I could sale it", should be "so I could SELL it".

Thanks for letting me be a - most appreciated!

Now that I'm done being the board spelling nazi, let me agree with everyone else and say that you don't owe them a thing and they're complete for even suggesting it.

Today I got a email saying they think I need to pay them $300 for there set they never paid me for. There logic if you can call it that is that the sets are going to $600+ so I could sale it and get my money back and should give them the extra $300 because "if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have and extra set to sale so I shouldn't make money on them"

It's "their set", not "there set". Also, it's "their logic", not "there logic". And finally "so I could sale it", should be "so I could SELL it".

Thanks for letting me be a - most appreciated!

You omitted a comma (,) after the word "finally" and a comma (,) after a quote is not needed.

Chris :devil:

I almost hate to thank the spelling/grammar Nazi's above for fear they will also correct this post. Thank's anyway It is always good to have a laugh to get your day started.

Nah! You're OK! in my book.

Chris