• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD 25th Anniversary ASE Sets for sale or trade SOLD

55 posts in this topic

I have a sealed box of five sets of the 25th anniversary silver eagle sets. Asking $3500 shipped, or will trade for PQ type. Payment by paypal gift or regular paypal plus 3% only.

SOLD TO A DEALER FOR MY ASKING PRICE.

My want list:

Liberty Cap Facing right Half Cent 1794-1797

Braided Hair Half Cent (1840-1857)

Flowing Hair Chain Cent (1793)

Flowing Hair Wreath Cent (1793)

Braided Hair Large Cent (1839-1857)

Flying Eagle Cent (1857-1858)

Three Cent Nickel

Capped Bust Half Dime (1829-1837)

Liberty Seated Half Dime (1837-1973)

Barber Dime (1892-1916)

Barber Quarter (1892-1916)

Washington Quarter (1932-present)

Flowing Hair Half Dollar (1795)

Draped Bust Dollar (1795-1803)

Susan B. Anthony Dollar (1979-1999)

Sacagawea Dollar (2000-present)

Presidential Dollar (2007-2016)

Liberty Gold Dollar (1849-1854)

Indian Princess Gold Dollar (1854-1889)

Draped Bust $2-1/2 (1796-1807)

Capped Bust $2-1/2 (1808-1834)

Indian Head $2-1/2 (1908-1929)

Ankur

I have a sealed box of five sets of the 25th anniversary silver eagle sets. Asking $3500 shipped, or will trade for PQ type. Payment by paypal gift or regular paypal plus 3% only.

My want list:

Liberty Cap Facing right Half Cent 1794-1797

Braided Hair Half Cent (1840-1857)

Flowing Hair Chain Cent (1793)

Flowing Hair Wreath Cent (1793)

Braided Hair Large Cent (1839-1857)

Flying Eagle Cent (1857-1858)

Three Cent Nickel

Capped Bust Half Dime (1829-1837)

Liberty Seated Half Dime (1837-1973)

Barber Dime (1892-1916)

Barber Quarter (1892-1916)

Washington Quarter (1932-present)

Flowing Hair Half Dollar (1795)

Draped Bust Dollar (1795-1803)

If I were you and had five sets then I would get rid of them as soon as possible. Sellers on Ebay have opened the sets which means 3 of the five coins will not get the special designation. These same sellers are "NOT ACCEPTING ANY RETURNS". The buyers who are bidding them up will find that they are useless for the special label and are no better then the generic 2011 eagles that are already out there and they can't return them and the Market will be flooded with the three.

I don't know of any people that would pay these inflated prices in this situation that is coming down the road.

Why don't you do the same as the other non collectors and sell them to a Dealer? A few weeks before the set was released I received an E mail from several that would pay a very high price for them. Check with the Dealers.

Susan B. Anthony Dollar (1979-1999)

Sacagawea Dollar (2000-present)

Presidential Dollar (2007-2016)

Liberty Gold Dollar (1849-1854)

Indian Princess Gold Dollar (1854-1889)

Draped Bust $2-1/2 (1796-1807)

Capped Bust $2-1/2 (1808-1834)

Indian Head $2-1/2 (1908-1929)

Ankur

You can always buy them on ebay if you would like. They are going for $3750 +.

Oh, and double would be $3000, I am asking $3500. You look like you're quite a smart one.

:roflmao:

Double plus 3%... what a bargin....

:roflmao:

I am not sure as I only buy one set of the series as a collector but I am pretty sure that if you buy 5 sets that they are not all individually sealed and packaged inside the same box. So you would have to find a person that is willing to buy all 5 sets. You can.t sell just one set because if you open the box then all five sets are unsealed and 15 out of the 25 coins are worth no more then the generic ones that are not in a set.

1. So somebody buying 5 sets has to subscribe to the theory that they would have to find somebody to buy all 5 sets that would be able to sell them at a larger price.. Good Luck,

2. The other choice is to send all five sets unsealed to NGC and pay to get them graded and then try to sell them.

A collector is not going to buy 5 sets. A collector only needs one unsealed set.

These are Moderns and the demand is not that great. About half or maybe more oin E Bay has unsealed the sets. This makes 3 of the five worth no more then the same coin outside the set.All of the Sellers who have done this have specified no returns.

So when the naive and gullible buy these unsealed sets and can't return them then the msrket wil be flooded with the coins which will make them worth even less.

The 2006 Reverse Proof PF70 was selling for $750. Before this release it was down to $550. Check E Bay. It is now selling for $455 to $475 and there are still 2006 sets being offered.

Oh, and double would be $3000, I am asking $3500. You look like you're quite a smart one.

How many people out there will continue to pay these prices?. An unsealed set makes 3 out of five of the coins worth no more than a Generic 2011.

You can't open the box and sell just one set as all five sets will be unsealed and 15 of the 25 coins will not get the special label.

A collector will buy only one set and you or anybody else that bought more than one set can't sell it to them.

That means that you will have to find somebody that is not a collector that thinks they can sell it for even more money to somebody that is naive and gullible.

When DEALERS are buying these at $3500, what makes you think a collector wont be able to resell them? You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

When DEALERS are buying these at $3500, what makes you think a collector wont be able to resell them? You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

APMEX: buying at $425, 5X = $2125

MCM: buying at $385, total $1925

:popcorn:

This dealer is buying @ $620 a set or $3100 per 5.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=811840&highlight_key=y&keyword1=25th

This one @ $600 a set or $3000 per 5.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=836143&highlight_key=y&keyword1=25th

Case of 5 sets ended tonight on ebay for $3750

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120809604177?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Case of 5 sets ended last night on ebay for $3760

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Sealed-2011-25th-Anniversary-American-Silver-Eage-Sets-ASE-25-Coins-/230700224878?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b6ce116e

Another ebay sale for $3655

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-2011-Silver-American-Eagle-25th-Anniversary-Sets-U-S-Mint-A25-HAND-/110774395683?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19caab2323

$3710

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-AMERICAN-EAGLE-25TH-ANNIVERSARY-SILVER-5-COIN-SET-5-SETS-A25-A25-/120810351260?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c20dbaa9c

Want me to keep going?

The sets you listed that went for over $3100 were all on Ebay. Ebay is not a stable part of the collecting community- silver bullion eagles were going for $40-$50 even with the big price drop. Also count in the % ebay/PP takes away. Plus these do not appear to be dealers.

I was just pointing out that the major dealers were not paying in the range of $3500.

Edited to add: I am not here to bash; just to point out a fallacy in the statement.

Ankur,

It seems to me that you would make more money getting that box graded. There are plenty of us that would purchase the coins rapidly as singles or 1 full graded set. The longer you wait to grade the better chance you will miss the Early Release window which will lose a premium out of your pocket.

I try to purchase a average of $500 a month on my collection. That might be small potatoes to guys like you but it is my budget and after 2 years my sets are looking good.

Let me know when you get them graded and I wil see what you have that I want. All you have right now is a box and a pocket full of greif.

Later-------Rick

Ankur,

It seems to me that you would make more money getting that box graded. There are plenty of us that would purchase the coins rapidly as singles or 1 full graded set. The longer you wait to grade the better chance you will miss the Early Release window which will lose a premium out of your pocket.

I try to purchase a average of $500 a month on my collection. That might be small potatoes to guys like you but it is my budget and after 2 years my sets are looking good.

Let me know when you get them graded and I wil see what you have that I want. All you have right now is a box and a pocket full of greif.

Later-------Rick

Except for the $500 MONTHLY BUDGET, I SECOND THIS. I wish i could spend that on coins in a month

Nick,

To be honest I should say a $500 "value" per month average. Sometimes at 60% cost and some at more. This month was 1 SE 2011 MS70 and three silver dimes for my set. Monthly expence = $320 with a total value over $500. I felt the need to correct that statement. Of course when a sweet, wanted, expensive coin comes up I can manage, I exceed the budget money and struggle to catch up later.

HAPPY COIN COLLECTING

Another distinguished member of the Ebay Price Gougers Union. Good luck in your endeavors.

Another distinguished member of the Ebay Price Gougers Union. Good luck in your endeavors.

When an auction starts at $1, how do you call it price gouging when it sells for $3700?

So when you go to Target/Walmart etc to buy a DVD for $20 that costs them $5, do you yell foul then as well?

AnkurJ,

I wish you well in your sales. There are just as many ways to sell coins as there are to collect coins. I think this price is in line with what others are charging for this item.

If you don't like what someone is selling don't buy it.

Like it or not eBay is part of coin collecting. There are dealers who make their entir living buying and selling on eBay. Many collectors view this a as good way to get close to retail prices for coins that no longer fit into their collections.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Mercury

This accusation of "gouging" is non-sense. If the market thinks Ankur's price is too high he won't be able to sell the sets, right? A buyer has a freedom of choice. You are NOT forced to buy these sets so "gouging' is, quite frankly, an asinine comment.

As ridiculous as it is these sets ARE going for $3500 or more sealed (or about $700 apiece). Priced too high for you? Don't buy one.

I am not sure as I only buy one set of the series as a collector but I am pretty sure that if you buy 5 sets that they are not all individually sealed and packaged inside the same box.

Well, I only bought two sets and they were in the same box. Since I bought one for someone else I had to break open the box to get it...obviously. So it is certainly possible the mint is putting them all in the same box. In fact, the box I got could have held 5 sets easily.

jom

On the 10th anniversary sets the prices went sky high then dropped like a rock as soon as the people found out that they could not have them graded as a set when opened. Even the 2006-W has dropped in price! (10TH Ann)

the funny thing is that I called the mint and they had told me that ALL of the coins that were in the 10th Anniversary set WERE EARLY RELEASE COINS. They took them as they were making them to put into these sets as they were making them early that year. That is the Irony of all this.

I have four of those sets but I opened them to inspect them before I sent them off. I sent back three sets that were damaged. I still opened them and now am in the same position that I was in when I opened them in the first place. (Dummy ME)

Yes, I can see this as being one of those scenarios also. The price sky rockets, and then crashes. I am on the waiting list, and have been informed that I am still eligible if there is enough cancelations. I wait for that.

I also saw on ebay that there were people that had 25 sets confirmed and were selling them. I bid on a couple and the bids were cancelled.

I called the mint and complained about seeing one person having so many for sale, and not being able to get online or call in. I told them they dropped the ball big time on this one. I did want one but to keep my set current. But cannot pay that kind of price just to see it drop later.

As an example: The 2011-W burnished, I paid 60 plus for the coin as a subscription, and then go on line later to see it being sold for 50 as the price of silver dropped. I managed to get the early release lable but does it really add 10 dollars or actually 15 for the grading to the price of the coin? I doubt right now that I couldsell these MS-69 for 80 dollars apiece right now. Though I did get 5 MS 70s out of 11 I may get 100 out of those, but since the mint is on high production and the MS70s are approaching the numbers of the MS-69s Whose to say where this will be going? MS-70 GLUT? I have been reading that silver is set for another fall sometime in the future, no, I do not have a crystal ball but keep buying for the collectability, don't let the speculators ruin our hobby!

I forgot to add, good luck on selling your coins. If you can get it go for it. but it seems to me that it would be more profitable to have them graded then sell them, (My thoughts) But then there is that speculation of it could be all 70s too! ah the mystery of it all! But in all.... GOOD LUCK!

Oh, One more thing, the 10th ones that I recieved were all in one box. Sealed in the shipping box. They did not have any shrink wrap or anything sealing them.

You opened the box, they were TOAST! for the special designation.

DenverDave: It is reasons like this why I stick to the PCGS forums.

Then please do us all a favor and do just that.

About 90% of this thread was uncalled for, including this...

Congrats on your sale and some of us still appreciate your contributions to the board.

I'm fully supportive of Ankur selling his set but I found this quote rather...er...ironic.

jom

I'm fully supportive of Ankur selling his set but I found this quote rather...er...ironic.

jom

+1

I guess I was mistaken and I do apologize for my comments. I didnt realize that he started the bid at $1.. and once again, I shall eat my boot.

SOLD TO A DEALER FOR MY ASKING PRICE.

No surprise there, as dealers are now paying as much as $800 for them, as I learned yesterday.

Then why did you ask where you could sell your five sets if you knew this about dealers. I told you to check the dealers. I also told you that my 2006 Reverse Proof PF70 had gone from $750 to $550 before the release of this set and were now on EBAY for $475.00. This is a 37% decrease.This is when there was one, Now there are two of them,

About 50% of the sets on Ebay for these are unsealed making three of the five coins no better then the same common silver eagle already released.

If people are naive enough to pay these prices then that is their problem. When they find out that 3 of the coins in the series are useless because they are unsealed then they will be unhappy.

A collector is not going to buy 5 sets . If they sent in all five unsealed sets then it would cost them over $300 to get them graded. If they pay $3000 per set then that is $15,000 and over $300 for grading.

You can;t open the box and sell only one as all five will be unsealed and 15 out of 25 coins will not be able to get graded with the special label. If you ordered and received 5 sets then the U.S. Mint did not send you five separate sets.

Those are the facts. Who cares if the Dealers are asking $3500 and people are naive and gullible to roll the dice?

You are the one that has the sets and needs to sell them as you do not collect the series.Those are the facts which is why I told you to dump them as soon as possible.

I will not pay $600 for even one set. I will pay $300 and then it has to be unsealed. I don't care who sells them for more money and under what conditions. You were the one that asked and to dump them as soon as possible. IIf you can;t do it on E bay then I believe there are dealers on there who will sell them for you for a large percentage of the sale.

Otherwise you need to contact a dealer as soon as possible who will buy them or you can keep the box and look at it every day or open it and look at the sets everyday.It is just that simple.