• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Attention Proof Franklin Collectors

17 posts in this topic

Teletrade has a ton of Proof Franklins coming up. I am not bidding on any of them nor are any of them coins I own.

Just thought I'd make the collector community aware of the auction as I have not seen so many Proof Franklins for sale at one time -- suggests a collector is liquidating and a good opportunity for collectors to either jump start a collection or fill holes. It looks like a lot of nice examples.

Here is an example of what is offered.

http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=3159&lot=2192

Best of luck to any bidders.

Teletrade has a ton of Proof Franklins coming up. I am not bidding on any of them nor are any of them coins I own.

Just thought I'd make the collector community aware of the auction as I have not seen so many Proof Franklins for sale at one time -- suggests a collector is liquidating and a good opportunity for collectors to either jump start a collection or fill holes. It looks like a lot of nice examples.

Here is an example of what is offered.

http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=3159&lot=2192

Best of luck to any bidders.

Thanks for the heads up. I may try to win a coin or two.

OK. For future reference, I have found that the early small holder ANACS will cross over to NGC and PCGS at the same grade -- at least that's been my experience, but can understand if you don't want to go that route. Good luck in you collecting, I have an NGC PF-69 CAM available for sale, if interested PM me.

I ended up purchasing this off from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290451633757?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I have purchased from this person in the past. He originally sent me the wrong coin. It was very nice but, already had that year. When I recieved the correct one, I sent him back the other coin. A few days later, I recieve a collectible Christmas ornament from him. It was meant to go to another ebayer. I forwarded it to the proper owner and was reimbursed for shipping. I think the coin ended up burning last year. Anyhow, I remember it was stunning. Much nicer than the provided pics. So, pretty excited about this purchase.

Not sure what you mean by the coin "burning". Anyway the link looks like a great coin for your collection. If you check the price guide, in many of the years the prices stay pretty flat through the higher grades (if you can find them). I wish you the best of luck.....when in doubt BUY! I've been trying to find a 1950 PF CAM and it's not easy.

These PF-CAM Franklins have great eye appeal and it's easy to get hooked, especially considering how truly scarce they are.

Thanks. I became fascinated with Franklins when I was going through my moms coin jar in the mid seventy's. Most were Kennedy halfs but, there was a 1951 and a 1953 Franklin in there. The coins were badly worn but, they looked so cool compared to the Kennedy's.

"Average" ?

This is (was) the price.

Can you find another for sale?

You probably can't, so how long are you prepared to wait? And at what price?

A serious buyer strikes and buys when an item they want is for sale. At least that is what I do.

Then again, it's free to look.

Best of luck.

I've got a '52 PR64CAM in a PCGS holder and I sure wouldn't let it go for numismedia 'PR64CAM $$. Maybe 65 or a little more. They're just so hard to find that pretty that you hold on to them if you got 'em.

p.s. I think it was undergraded a point and a half.

Steven

"Average" ?

This is (was) the price.

Can you find another for sale?

You probably can't, so how long are you prepared to wait? And at what price?

A serious buyer strikes and buys when an item they want is for sale. At least that is what I do.

Then again, it's free to look.

Best of luck.

I agree average was the wrong word. I am just trying to learn what I can expect to pay for different dates.

Another "batch" of small holder ANACS PF Franklins coming for auction at Teletrade. As before, none of these are mine, and I do not plan to bid on any.