• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should I do?

14 posts in this topic

I need this for my sons AU58 set but Jeeze Louise its bringing strong money!Would you swing for the fences or wait?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330620904644?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649#ht_1122wt_1013

The chocolate on that coin is SCRUMPTIOUS....

:roflmao: Yeah, looks like some very smooth, silky, dark chocolate to me and almost good enough to eat!! lol

impossible to tell anything about the coin fromn the photos but in general it does look good to the highest bidder for various reasons which remain untold

but it is a STRONG price if this is what it actually brought and was not shill bid and/or there was another reason for the strong price

but in todays current market this coin sold for the amount due to three things

1--------- everyman registry set fever where the top pop grade you can have in the set is au58 so it has the most points and ms coins dont count no matter how nice

2---- pcgs

3--- cac

without seeing the coin in hand sight seen and from the impossible to see photos i cant again tell anything about the coin good, bad or ugly

impossible to tell anything about the coin fromn the photos but in general it does look good to the highest bidder for various reasons which remain untold

but it is a STRONG price if this is what it actually brought and was not shill bid and/or there was another reason for the strong price

1--------- everyman registry set fever where the top pop grade you can have in the set is au58 so it has the most points and ms coins dont count no matter how nice

2---- pcgs

3--- cac

without seeing the coin in hand sight seen and from the impossible to see photos i cant again tell anything about the coin good, bad or ugly

Spot on analysis. That price is way too strong, even for such an attractive piece. These everyman sets have been running up AU prices to ridiculous levels.

While I don't disagree with the fact that the " everyman registry set " folks many times bid and pay absolutely insane amounts of money just for the " One-Upmanship " , I don't believe that is the case with this individual offering. I believe this piece demands strong bidding from collectors outside this segment, or from any of the more commonly known notable Coin Auction venues.

Yes the fact that it is in a PCGS Holder, does also influence bidding interest, as well does the CAC grading verification factor. Depending upon the Coin,Issue , Grade and Population, certain CAC'd coins bring very strong prices, more so if they are for a PCGS encapsulated coin.

If I were a Large Cent Collector, I would have had a difficult time passing on this coin, even at that figure and even if I wasn't a " Registry Set " builder, which I am not.

My advice is simple. If you can afford to buy this coin for your sons set, do it. The coin is over the top beautiful.

Couldn't agree more.

Too bad you didn't jump in time.

Personally, I didn't think it went

"that high" - based on what I have

read about the Moon Money some

are paying for AU 58's.

I wish I had seen the coin before the

auction had ended. Then again, there'll

be others as nice, I'm sure. [ I should

live so long... lol...]

2---- pcgs

3--- cac

Spot on analysis. That price is way too strong, even for such an attractive piece. These everyman sets have been running up AU prices to ridiculous levels.

Agreed. Try finding a AU steel cent in plastic. Talk about markup!