• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to the boards

23 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to collecting. I found out that the 1990 Kennedy half dollar I got at the bank months ago was a Proof! You might know my friend, Sam (noow) that has been here for a while. He looked through a box of coins I had and found an unusual half with a cameo... It was a Proof! He also showed me this site.

Happy collecting, everyone!

-Ian :)

Welcome to the neighborhood, Ian!

Since you work at a bank, you should always be watching for pre-1965 90% silver (halves, quarters & dimes) and 1965-1970 40% silver half dollars.

Silver content

Pre-1965 90% 50c - .36169 oz.

1965-1970 40% 50c - .1479 oz.

Pre-1965 90% 25c - .18084 oz.

Pre-1965 90% 10c - .07234 oz.

Chris

Welcome!

Hey, we joke and poke fun at each other from time to time.

It's all good and there are many great dealers that post here......lots to learn

Don't be afraid to ask questions

Have a great Bar-B-Que sunday

OP (Old Pueblo = Tucson Arizona)

Hopefully you have better posting etiquette than your friend noow.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

:whee:

We already discussed that ;)

Hello, I am new to collecting. I found out that the 1990 Kennedy half dollar I got at the bank months ago was a Proof! You might know my friend, Sam (noow) that has been here for a while. He looked through a box of coins I had and found an unusual half with a cameo... It was a Proof! He also showed me this site.

Happy collecting, everyone!

-Ian :)

Welcome to our friendly little neighborhood!