• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Went out today to look for coins....

18 posts in this topic

I went for a drive today as I was bored out of my mind, went lookin for coins. I ended up buying these two . I'm not a Franklin guy, nor am I a Commemorative kind of guy but lately I've become attracted to them.

I dropped into my locale B&M and found myself looking trough a "bargain basket" full of proof Franklin's & Washington Quarters. These coins were being sold for just above melt so I jumped in. I found this pretty Franklin with nice color and condition. Also found this San Diego Half. in the shop I found to my liking for a more than a reasonable price. So what are your thoughts. Thanks for looking....Joe

092.jpg

104-1.jpg

111.jpg

107.jpg

003-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

Very nice pickups! I have been looking for a San Diego myself and yours is very striking (maybe some hairlines on the back but still bet it's attractive in hand.). I hope to get lucky tomorrow when I go to a 30 table show down the road.

Very nice pickups! I have been looking for a San Diego myself and yours is very striking (maybe some hairlines on the back but still bet it's attractive in hand.). I hope to get lucky tomorrow when I go to a 30 table show down the road.

Heavy die polishing lines, not cleaned....

I can certainly believe that...I'm on beer number 5 so my eyes are getting a little dry. A very nice coin IMO as said before.

I can certainly believe that...I'm on beer number 5 so my eyes are getting a little dry. A very nice coin IMO as said before.

Yes they really went to town with this one side, the other side is not polished at all. Weird....

Nice looking coins Joe. I like the frankie and the pics make it look Cameo. Is it? The Comm is nice too and my first impression was the rev may have been wiped at one time. Nice pickups for the prices tho'.

Great find for just above melt :)

I like both of the coins.. They look like great deals.

64 on the Frankie and gem on the SD commem.

(thumbs u

If that spot above the date on the Frankie will come off, it will look real nice.

Too bad that it looks like the San Diego too a pretty good hit on the edge between 9 & 10 on the reverse and it looks like it goes all the way across to the obverse.

But, for just about melt, I think you did pretty good!

Chris

Nice looking coins Joe. I like the frankie and the pics make it look Cameo. Is it? The Comm is nice too and my first impression was the rev may have been wiped at one time. Nice pickups for the prices tho'.

It looks as it may be cameo but I've been wrong in the past...

Too bad that it looks like the San Diego too a pretty good hit on the edge between 9 & 10 on the reverse and it looks like it goes all the way across to the obverse.

I don't think he got the San Diego for just about melt. That was probably just the Franklins.

I don't think he got the San Diego for just about melt. That was probably just the Franklins.

Yes you are crrect. I did not get this commem for just above melt. But I did get a VERY good deal because of the rim dent showing at 8:00 on the coin....I picked this one up for $65.00 and I'm happy with the deal. Remember now, I collect Buffalo Nickels, but sometimes stray away from the herd for short periods of time....lol I like commems and enjoy the history behind them.....Joe