• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened here?????

16 posts in this topic

Severely damaged but NOT a total loss. There are collectors who would love to have one of these errors but who know they could never possibly afford to buy a nice one that WILL buy this one. The only question is at what price? If he is right that bid is $1200, he's probably still be too high with an opening bid of $550. But it IS a salable coin.

some of the nickels and dimes and cents that stayed in the original government packaging ended up like that - moisture damage?

also you need to check and make sure the 'S' is gone and coin is a proof, as sometimes the coins are in such bad shape I am not certain 1) they are a proof and 2) there is no mintmark

coin was on TT

I wonder if the seller truly thinks that he or she will get $550 for this coin. Although the coin would be ruined and worthless to me, the Teletrade hammer price sounds about right to me.