• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1925-P Buffalo Nickel newp....

18 posts in this topic

I've been on the hunt for a nice 25-P for my collection and I'm happy to say the hunt is over. This is a huge find as far as I'm concerned as this piece is graded MS-66 with only 4 coins of the same date has been graded higher by NGC. David W. Lange has commented on this date in his book "The complete Guide to Buffalo Nickels" he says the 25-P features excellent luster. A bit more subdued than for other dates but pleasing nonetheless All pieces seen have frosty luster, satiny pieces being unknown to me.

Well, I think this piece might change his mind as this coin looks like Satin blue sheets. This coin is just as nice as it gets for the date. What are your thoughts? The details on this 25 are sharp & bold. Take a look at the eye on Black Diamond, it's all the way full as you can even see his eyeball... Thanks for looking.....Joe

001-1.jpg

009-10.jpg

023-4.jpg

027-9.jpg

The first images are with two lights . The second images are with four lights....

I had to find one to kinda match my 25-S I'm so fond of....This one....

067-2.jpg

074-4.jpg

It's very NICE!!

A little satiny but nothing wrong with that (it's a Nickel for goodness sakes!! :) ) There is still plenty of good luster there!!

That is a tough one in tremendous condition!!!

WTG!!! :thumbsup:

I actually enjoy the satin luster, and I think the gold offsets the blue hues nicely. I think it will fit perfectly along with all of your other gorgeous buffalo nickels. I will say though that your 1921 is by far my favorite!

Another beauty Joe!! I enjoy watching as you continue to come up with these amazing specimens. (worship)(worship)

Yea, How does he do it? Must attend a coin show every week! Amazing Indian Head Nickels!

OP

I actually enjoy the satin luster, and I think the gold offsets the blue hues nicely. I think it will fit perfectly along with all of your other gorgeous buffalo nickels. I will say though that your 1921 is by far my favorite!

This one?

006-11.jpg

016-10.jpg

I like this one too.....

This one?

006-11.jpg

016-10.jpg

I like this one too.....

No, it couldn't be that one. Must be another 1921. :baiting:

I guess you're glad you didn't sell your nickels! :)

I would feel like a fish out-a-water if I did sell them...Still having fun and I never get tires of the mighty Buffalo Nickel.....Joe

This one?

I like this one too.....

Yes, that's the one! I would have purchased it myself if I had seen it before you had purchased it. lol

P.S. Your 1925-S is a close second!

Balderdash! The 25-S is second to none! lol

jom

Balderdash! The 25-S is second to none! lol

jom

Balderdash! Now what kind of talk is that, hmmm? I bought this 25 to go along with the 25-S. To be honest I'm not sure which I like the most, the 21 or the 25-S....Joe